Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 05:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,000,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
15%? Pure and unadulterated pwnage. Of course, the opposition will just claim that KY is full of inbred hillbillies.
With overwhelming democrat registration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 06:18 PM

22,214 posts, read 19,504,200 times
Another polls, released the same date has it at 5 points.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:31 AM

10,835 posts, read 14,953,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
15%? Pure and unadulterated pwnage. Of course, the opposition will just claim that KY is full of inbred hillbillies.
Just looking at Rand Paul Supporters it is clear they are racists like Tyler in this video!

YouTube - Rand Paul Smears and Racism of Imposter Jack Conway Supporter

Old 09-07-2010, 05:12 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,710,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Just looking at Rand Paul Supporters it is clear they are racists like Tyler in this video!

YouTube - Rand Paul Smears and Racism of Imposter Jack Conway Supporter

LOL!

A Plant. How clever.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:25 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,851,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You, yourself practice discrimination in your everyday private life. If you don't want to interact with someone who is (fill in the blank) no one should force you. Our founders knew this. They often spoke of tyrannical government.
People like you are all about forcing their misguided ideals on others. You want to force people into serving others. What part of private property is hard to grasp? What's your next step? Forcing people to allow others into their house? Actually you already want that. Quite a few small town stores are attached to the owners living quarters. Private property not public, it's not your decision to run someones private life. It's obvious you don't believe in property rights. What a shame so many people don't believe in the Constitution anymore.

If you had followed Rands campaign you would know better. He doesn't answer questions yes or no he explains the reasons why. I always want to know the reasons. You should too, you may learn something. I know I do.

If you had actually watched the interview with Maddow you would have heard him say he was against 1 part of the act and he is against institutional racism by the government.
You probably do not know the government is responsible for segregation in the first place. One example - The bus companies in Alabama did not make the rules forcing blacks to give up seats and move to the back of the bus. And being smart business people why would they cut their own throats by doing that to a large customer base? The government steps in with their forceful ways and orders segregation.

Another comment Rand made which was ignored.
"I was a year old, I would have marched with MLK because I believed what he was doing"

The calls of racism went up which is laughable enough to anyone who actually followed his campaign but to say so after listening to the interview and hearing his comments like that one is dishonest. btw I'm not saying you called him racist.

Your comment about getting slammed is correct, however your assessment of modifying is not. His stance did not change. MSNBC later apologized for representing Rand as someone who wants to repeal the Civil Rights Act. MSNBC recklessly "leaped before they looked" and the left which loves to falsely accuse others of racism jumped on board.

Also your comments painting the entire state of Kentucky as backward are idiotic. But unlike you I won't use force to make you say otherwise. All one can do is educate people.
Good post!

Old 09-08-2010, 01:36 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,908,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Another polls, released the same date has it at 5 points.
Rasmussen (leans right) has Paul by 15 over Conway. 54-39

Election 2010: Kentucky Senate - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢

Old 09-08-2010, 02:28 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,443,068 times
Kentucky Senate race now all tied up!!

Quote:
A new poll indicates that the battle for Kentucky's open Senate seat is dead even. According to a new CNN/Time/Opinion Research Corporation survey of registered voters in Kentucky, 46 percent support Republican nominee Rand Paul, with an equal amount saying they back Democratic nominee Jack Conway. Five percent of those questioned say they'd vote for neither candidate if the general election were held today, and four percent have no opinion.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - CNN/Time Poll: KY Senate race all tied up « - Blogs from CNN.com

Old 09-08-2010, 02:56 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,307,090 times
More polls show a substantial lead. On average, the lead should be substantial. Also, Rand Paul has name recognition outside KY and should have zero problem raising money, since he's also good with Ron Paul supporters.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:02 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,307,090 times
Would you vote for a guy who can't run on anything other than a "I'm not that guy" message? Nah, neither would I.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs615.snc4/59519_469816771130_93023971130_7055140_5851510_n.j pg (broken link)

...and if Conway wants to play that way, All Rand has to do is show the progressive wearing the tin foil hat on his commercials 24/7 and associate him to Conway.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:49 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,908,356 times
lmao sure it is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections