Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 07:20 PM

2,015 posts, read 1,647,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1 View Post
I can't stand it when musical performances are badly faked, like a wicked fast guitar solo and the person's fingers are hardly moving. Or a conductor just waving his or her arms around in circles and it's totally "off" from the music.
Ive mentioned this at imdb.com, either get a musician, an actor who knows how to play, or hire a musician to teach the actor to at do a good job of faking it.the worst is when you see just a piano and some other instrument they start to play and all of sudden you hear all sorts of horns and other instrument!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2016, 01:10 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,011,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
Ive mentioned this at imdb.com, either get a musician, an actor who knows how to play, or hire a musician to teach the actor to at do a good job of faking it.the worst is when you see just a piano and some other instrument they start to play and all of sudden you hear all sorts of horns and other instrument!!
I've given up on this, as most award shows seem to phone in their music acts.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:55 PM

50,339 posts, read 63,906,560 times
I don't know if I posted this already, but I hate how the music is too loud, and if you turn it down, you can't hear what anyone is saying.
Another peeve is when you turn down the volume because the music is too loud, then turn on the closed caption, and they have cc that doesn't keep up with the dialogue and has weird nonsense words in it.

Old 10-01-2016, 02:56 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,758,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
The ridiculous, unreal, rapid-fire back and forth dialogue between characters that is especially prevalent in crime/cop shows. Everyone has an IMMEDIATE response to what the other person just said. Real conversation just does not flow like that.

No one pauses even for a second to ponder or reflect on their next thought or comment - very unnatural, and what makes watching these shows impossible for me. There was a James Woods series called "Shark" that was the most ridiculous in this respect. All the characters standing in a circle spitting out their "lines". Hard to explain, but some of you may know what I mean.

The earliest example I can recall is the rat pack movies of the early 1960s, and it continues as you say in the silly cop dramas of today. Sinatra and Martin, whose singing I love, never talked, they just spat snappy comebacks at each other. I just can't watch it, it's painful.

Old 10-01-2016, 02:57 PM

What about when an impromptu dance becomes a slick, choreographed production?

Old 10-01-2016, 03:04 PM

Or always says Photo instead of picture? I don't know anyone who says photo.
70s and 80s tv and movies where the American car always has a Chrysler sounding starter, even if it's GM or Ford.
70s tv and movies where a car's brakes suddenly go out, and the car just keeps going faster and faster until it crashes, flips over, and blows up?
Fuel Injected cars with carburetor secondary's sound effects?
Someone mentioned squealing tires on dirt roads, I second that
Chase scenes showing one car, but when it crashes it's a different car painted the same color

Old 10-01-2016, 03:08 PM

How about silly commercials, which are just as full of impossibly perfect looking people?

Or, commercials with kids of every ethnicity? To make sure no one feels left out? As if we all make sure that every gathering of kids is always perfectly diverse.

Old 10-01-2016, 03:14 PM

When rewinding a tape or some recording of something, and always immediately stopping at exactly the needed spot?

Linda Lavin's character in Alice never heard of Social Security, and instead lived on a pittance from her job as a waitress at a hole in the wall diner that never got more than two customers at a time? And flirted with her son as if he was a drunken college boy at a night club?

Old 10-04-2016, 02:22 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
I guess mine is how the most obvious answer to a mystery is taken without considering any other options. For example, Star Trek, Next Generation, "Time's Arrow", where Picard asks Data about the android head and why it isn't Lore's. Data tells him an item about construction and they carry on. Well, given the many, many unknowns of the universe in that show, it might have been wise to ask something like, "Okay, Mr. Data, give me alternate scenarios of how this cannot be "you"." .

It's like watching a James Bond movie in that there is no need for detective work; the audience knows in a blink who the villain is.

Old 11-03-2016, 08:25 AM

894 posts, read 586,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Females that wake up with their makeup perfectly intact..........
I love pet peeves threads. Always hilarious.

To add to your comment, I'll also add that it annoys me when couples on TV or in movies have sex and don't shower after. They don't even wipe up at the very least.

And when couples never have to worry about morning breath before talking up close in bed, kissing, cuddling, sex, etc.

I also fully agree with the poster who said it's amazing how people always have fantastic apartments regardless of their income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts