Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 02:02 AM

3,531 posts, read 2,593,589 times

Advertisements

Mojo
Uncut
Todays Golfer
Horse And Hound
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 08:58 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,941,834 times
I get Domino, Dwell, Cooking Light, 5280 (Denver mag)

Old 04-13-2008, 07:00 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,837,835 times
The Sporting News, Colorado Outdoors(fishing magazine), Goldmine(Music collectors magazine), Mojo.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:47 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,569,084 times
Better Homes and Gardens
Midwest Living
Southern Living
National Geographic, these are all I subscribe to.

Weekly and Monthly issues I check out from the library: U.S. News and World Reports,
Time, Newsweek, Consumer Reports, Smithsonian (used to subscribe to this one), and a few others from time to time, such as genealogy and organic gardening magazines.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:05 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,637,581 times
I don't have any favorites...and I don't really have extra money to spend on magazines...

but I have read Time, Newsweek, US News, Entertainment Weekly, Psychology Today, Utne Reader, Maxim, FHM, Stuff, Playboy...um, what else...Popular Science, Reader's Digest, Cosmopolitan (hey, it's good to see what they're saying over there too!).

Old 04-14-2008, 02:06 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,105,298 times
I don't read any magazines. The one exception is when I find a copy of Guideposts that I haven't read, I'll read that.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:03 PM

187 posts, read 613,749 times
I love this because you can almost get an image of the person because of there choices!

Better homes

everyday

Rolling stone

self

And I work in a salon so I love to read the tabloid mags and GQ, They really do have great articles

Old 04-17-2008, 12:55 PM

4,596 posts, read 11,444,632 times
Oh, my!, but if my hubby only knew what I spent on periodicals! Actually, many of these I subscribed to when I was still teaching, and used them for reference materials -- well, a lot of them.

Let's see, for starters:

TIME, Newsweek, and US News (for comparative views). All have expired this Spring, except for TIME, which I think I'll continue to receive until this Fall.

The New Yorker, mostly because I appreciate its determination to publish excellent writing.

For 'fluff,' I really like More, specifically targeted at the woman 40+. It has great features -- one this month that is a lot of fun is 'the women behind the songs, like Steely Dan's Rikki, and Springsteen's Rosalita." I also subscribe to Town & Country just to get a glimpse into the lives of the very wealthy -- where they live, vacation, shop, the charities they sponsor, etc. Hard for me to believe that some small % of the US, and world, population lives like that. Heavens.

I also like Southern Accents and House Beautiful and Traditional Home. Over the years, friends and family have treated me to Coastal Living; Domino, and a few others, like Southern Living and Saturday Evening Post. We also both enjoy Our State, which focuses on NC, where we live, and NC Signature.

My husband really likes the Smithsonian and Scientific American, and throughout the year, I am subjected to statistics and * BS * from Men's Health, which he quotes almost as 'Gospel.'

BTW, magazine subscriptions make great gifts -- new baby in the family, new home, someone turning 40, or for those who have special interests. My husband really enjoyed Fly Fishing and Rod & Reel.

We recycle our magazines. I take them to schools near my house, the hospital(s) and doctors' offices near us, and sometimes community centers will ask for old magazines. Art teachers like getting the ones with beautiful, 'artsy' photographs and ads, especially in a big format. They use them for collages and other projects.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:40 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,358,705 times
Harper's Magazine

The Economist

Playstation Magazine

Canon DSLR

Digital Photography

Modified

Street Tuner

Sport Bke

Old 04-18-2008, 04:14 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,637,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't have any favorites...and I don't really have extra money to spend on magazines...

but I have read Time, Newsweek, US News, Entertainment Weekly, Psychology Today, Utne Reader, Maxim, FHM, Stuff, Playboy...um, what else...Popular Science, Reader's Digest, Cosmopolitan (hey, it's good to see what they're saying over there too!).
Oh...I forgot. I also read Men's Health. I just don't always bother to actually BUY a copy, I read it AT the store, and put it back. Now, if I could just stop all those little papers from flying out of it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts