Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 08:18 PM

29 posts, read 180,187 times

Advertisements

Ron White is pretty good too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 08:43 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,921,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernexposure View Post
I would love to see Kathy Griffen. Her show cracks me up.
I just saw Kathy Griffin at the Mountain Winery in Saratoga (near San Jose), and she was great... basically it was like sitting in a room with her, and just listening to her ramblings - which are very funny, of course. It was really nice that she didn't use recycled material, since I've seen all her shows & specials, so that would have annoyed me. It was also cool that she talked for a full 2 hours, which is very impressive for a comic! I took a few pictures at the show, but they came out really fuzzy (cell phone cameras suck)...

At least you can tell it's her by the hair... my hair's even more red, and I NEVER get lost in a crowd!
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p302/gizmo980/PIC-0172.jpg (broken link)

See the four guys in black? Their t-shirts spelled out "We are your gays" - LOLOL.
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p302/gizmo980/PIC-0171.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-08-2007, 08:51 PM

To answer the original question, these are my favorite stand-up comics...

George Carlin - I've had the pleasure of seeing him twice, and it's literally side-splitting!! I was laughing so hard, my sides & mouth were hurting at the end.
Denis Leary - Just a funny a-hole...
Dennis Miller - Incredibly smart, sarcastic, politically aware, etc.
Bill Maher - My father & I are seeing him this Friday, and I can't wait! I love him for the same reasons as above (for Dennis Miller).
Margaret Cho - My favorite female comedian by a mile... she's just freakin' hilarious, and always has a great message in her shows.
Ellen DeGeneres - My second favorite female comic.
John Pinette - I saw him on a cruise ship many years ago, and have been a fan ever since. He's a "funny fat guy", if you know what I mean... check it out: johnpinette
Steven Wright - Unique, dry humor... gotta love it!

Last edited by gizmo980; 07-08-2007 at 09:04 PM..

Old 07-08-2007, 09:02 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,161,463 times
Gizmo, you lucky thing you!! Thanks for sharing the Kathy G. pics. Too funny with the guys in black. I need to look up her schedule and try to catch her act. 2 hours is a long show! Her mom and dad just cracked me up on her show. I miss her dad being on the show; he was quite a character. It was an emotional show when he passed away
Paula Poundstone is funny and got a bad rap for doing something that to this day I don't find awful enough to have put her through the torment she endured.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernexposure View Post
Gizmo, you lucky thing you!! Thanks for sharing the Kathy G. pics. Too funny with the guys in black. I need to look up her schedule and try to catch her act. 2 hours is a long show! Her mom and dad just cracked me up on her show. I miss her dad being on the show; he was quite a character. It was an emotional show when he passed away
Glad you liked the pics, and I definitely think she's worth seeing. The tickets were a tad expensive at $60-70, but that's partly because of where it was (a very ritzy winery).

Yes, that show where her dad died was REALLY emotional - I actually cried! Speaking of which, her opening joke at the show was about her dad... as I mentioned, it was held at a very upscale & beautiful winery, so this was her opener (more or less) - "As you probably know, my dad just passed away; and I think this is where he went!"

Quote:
Paula Poundstone is funny and got a bad rap for doing something that to this day I don't find awful enough to have put her through the torment she endured.
I love Paula Poundstone... but I can't think of what she did wrong? Guess I can Google it, since I'm totally drawing a blank!

Old 07-09-2007, 12:33 AM

Okay, I looked it up, and don't really know what to say... guess I'd have to hear the full story, but it's obviously not a good thing!

Old 07-09-2007, 03:12 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Okay, I looked it up, and don't really know what to say... guess I'd have to hear the full story, but it's obviously not a good thing!
If Bravo or HBO or whatever network aired her latest special you gotta watch it. She makes fun of that whole incident and that is so typical of Paula's style of comedy make a dreary situation hilarious.

She always great for calling out hecklers and giving them a hard time, she did it several times in that show to different people it was improv at it finest.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:26 AM

1,397 posts, read 4,845,473 times
Jamie Foxx - for some reason his stand up shows are just so funny to me, although many people won't find him that way.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:42 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,610,617 times
I lately enjoy Lewis Black,sometimes Bill Maher>NEVER liked Sam Kinison,,all he did was scream.I like Gizmos list, also really like Kathy

Old 07-09-2007, 06:44 AM

578 posts, read 3,062,993 times
Lee Evans - cracks me up big time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts