Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2012, 07:48 PM

2,347 posts, read 3,333,328 times

Advertisements

I have been a lifelong fan of the Looney Tunes cartoons. I mean Bugs, Daffy, Tweety, that's some funny ****. The original Mel Blanc voiced ones and not the 1990's and later rehashed ones.

There is one episode in particular I'm trying to find but can't see to anywhere. It's not on any of the DVD boxed sets I have. I'm hoping someone will recognize it and tell me the name of it.

It's a Wile E. Coyote and Roadrunner cartoon. Those two were my absolute favorites. Because most of them don't have dialogue or linear plots, identifying them by title is next to impossible. Like trying to find the name of an instrumental song.

Anyway, here goes.

At or near the beginning, Wile E. goes airborne in a hot air balloon. He rigs another one of his booby traps, this one being an array of what look like small rockets or missiles about to be launched with the intention of doing an air-to-surface strike of the Roadrunner.

As always, his plans backfire. He lights the fuses on all the miniature rockets and watches in horror as they all become airborne and settle on TOP of his balloon sending him plummeting to the ground, as usual.

Throughout the rest of the episode, he moves on to various other schemes. But as each one unfolds, one of the miniature rockets he lit from the balloon come buzzing from around the corner and blows up in his face and causes him to foil every one of his other plots.

Finally, at the end, he has again cratered into the ground from yet another fall. And this time, not one, but TWO of those rockets lands beside him. As he sits there looking again in anticipatory horror as he's about to be blown up, the rockets instead open up to reveal the words "The End", signifying the end of the cartoon.

That is one of my favorite episodes.

Does ANYONE know the title of it so I can watch on YT and possibly buy the DVD-if it's been released?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 08:31 PM

1,370 posts, read 2,181,932 times
The hot air balloon part starts at 3:27 minutes in.

Road Runner & Wile E Coyote - Lickety-splat - YouTube

Old 02-13-2012, 08:54 PM

2,347 posts, read 3,333,328 times
That's the one!!!!!!

Thanks for finding it.

I'm just rolling right now. LOVE that one.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:57 PM

1,370 posts, read 2,181,932 times
I was actually laughing out loud - I haven't watched a Roadrunner cartoon in years.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:54 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times
Ha ha. I remember that one. It seems like it gets cut up and spliced in to other Wil E. cartoons and specials all the time. But like you, I doubt I've seen the whole uncut episode in a while where the rockets keep pestering him through the WHOLE episode.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:22 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Certainly one of Coyote's better roles and shows how versatile he is given a proper script to work with. Personal life aside, I always thought he was a more believable foil then Tom and far more likeable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts