Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 01:12 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,789,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGuy View Post
He's not a woman beater. He beat up one woman. That was Heidi Fleiss. And she was a madam, who ran her own prostitution ring and, like him, was addicted to drugs. She's not exactly an angel herself. Madams are well-known for being abusive toward their prostitutes.
So if you only beat up one woman, that's ok?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 10:47 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,630,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
As opposed to all his earlier outstanding performances and movies?
His earlier movies were at least tolerable. His recent movies are just awful Grown Ups 1 & 2, That's My Boy, Jack and Jill etc...

Old 11-23-2014, 01:41 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,803,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
PS I did not look up his imdb info, so I dont off hand know where Hello VietNam fits into the grand scheme of things.

That would be Good Morning Vietnam.

Old 11-28-2014, 05:03 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Faye Dunaway claimed that playing Joan Crawford in Mommie Dearest hurt her career.
I agree. She had been in Bonnie and Clyde and I think the over-the-top performance in Mommie Dearest hurt her career.

There's been a few mentioned in this thread I don't necessarily agree with, but I'll bring up one that I don't think anyone mentioned yet: Elvis Presley.

Yeah, he made a ton of movies (that saw diminishing returns as the 60s progressed), but in my opinion, Elvis could act, but aside from just a couple of decent movies, he was never given any meaty parts to work with (most critics consider King Creole to be his best film and I agree and he's great in it).

Another: Corey Feldman. The guy can't let the 80s go. I saw the Biography episode on him and at the end, he was talking about his downward career trajectory and pointing out that he wanted to act and that he could act. And he's definitely right (even if I think he's kind of an oddball, sort of a poor man's Charlie Sheen), he absolutely can act.

Old 11-29-2014, 08:51 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,985,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
It's not plastic surgery, it's having his face bashed in repeatedly. He also happens to be a (now retired) boxer.
Mickey won a comeback fight last week. At age 62.

And you're right, the plastic surgery to his face was more about boxing than celebrity.

Old 12-01-2014, 03:44 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,648,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
I agree. She had been in Bonnie and Clyde and I think the over-the-top performance in Mommie Dearest hurt her career.

I heard her career was nearly dead after that performance, but because the negative connotation of playing Joan Crawford--that she played it so well people hated her for it afterwards. I read that she would never discuss the role in interviews either. I thought she did great in that role and it was just a character, but somehow the public never forgave her for it. I like her acting a lot.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:12 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,765,227 times
I believe Sarah Geller picked a couple of dud movies after being "Buffy" so long and so well.

Old 12-24-2014, 03:49 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,197,482 times
Mel Gibson. You can't diss Jewish people in an industry run entirely by jewish people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts