Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2012, 09:20 AM

6,161 posts, read 7,235,254 times

Advertisements

Kevin Clash, the voice & puppeteer of Elmo on Sesame Street steps down after allegations of a inappropriate relationship with a 16 year old boy. Elmo's image is tarnished forever! First Big Bird now Elmo. The guy had his hand up Elmo's butt and now a 16 year old.

Elmo Puppeteer Kevin Clash Exits Sesame Street Denies Inappropriate Relationship With 16 Year Old Boy | E! Online

For years there have been rumors that Elmo was gay and here is the evidence!

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFile...608/999838.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 07:16 PM

1,436 posts, read 1,884,376 times
I've never heard any rumors about Clash. For some odd reason though, every time I see Kevin, I always suspected he could be a pedophile. It's something that's hard to explain, you know? You just suspect something without any evidence or proof.

When I watched the other puppeteers, I was cool with it, but when I saw him I said "why does he have such an interest in children"

Old 11-13-2012, 01:18 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,686,819 times
he made a real human hand puppet out of the boy

Old 11-13-2012, 04:26 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,470,443 times
Not so fast...

Accuser Recants Allegation Against Elmo Puppeteer - NYTimes.com

Old 11-14-2012, 02:47 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,376,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Thanks for sharing that follow-up.
So often (generally), allegations (whether true or false) get front page headlines. Yet further information-such as in this particular case, recanting by the accuser-tend to be overlooked (go unnoticed).
When I heard about the original story, my thought was "oh no, say it isn't so"-and it would seem that it was an accusation without basis in fact, after all (one wonders if Mr. Clash's reputation can recover).

Old 11-20-2012, 04:58 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,327,650 times
Well, today Kevin Clash decided to resign from Sesame workshop, because of all the bad press and distraction that story caused.
That's sad, really.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:28 AM

277 posts, read 506,886 times
I believe it. I never like Elmo's character. When Big Bird got railroaded for that giggly ******* I stopped watching Sesame Street. I told my friend to not let her son watch Sesame Street because Elmo is a bad influence. She called me stupid and asked me how is it possible it's for children. As if children's characters can't be a bad influence. I told her he scribbles on the wall and laugh and giggle too much and asks people to tickle him. Sorry but children don't asks people to tickle them nor do they giggle at it. They normally run from it. Only perverts think children like to be tickled and that's why Elmo always giggled at it. Call me nuts but I have darn good judgment. I was right and my friend was wrong.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:47 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,622,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoonandStars View Post
I believe it. I never like Elmo's character. When Big Bird got railroaded for that giggly ******* I stopped watching Sesame Street. I told my friend to not let her son watch Sesame Street because Elmo is a bad influence. She called me stupid and asked me how is it possible it's for children. As if children's characters can't be a bad influence. I told her he scribbles on the wall and laugh and giggle too much and asks people to tickle him. Sorry but children don't asks people to tickle them nor do they giggle at it. They normally run from it. Only perverts think children like to be tickled and that's why Elmo always giggled at it. Call me nuts but I have darn good judgment. I was right and my friend was wrong.
What in the World...
I dont even know what to say to this post.
Dont recall mine ever writting on a wall do to Elmos bad influence, and they certainly did giggle when tickled. Only perverts tickle kids? Big Bird got rail roaded, you mean they downsized to Elmo?
Ok, I will do as you ask, Yes,You ARE nuts.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:28 PM

1,436 posts, read 1,884,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoonandStars View Post
This post is incorrect in a number of ways. Children don't like being tickled? Odd. Most children I see love it.

I never liked Elmo because he spoke in 3rd person. It's not acceptable to be teaching kids to speak in this way.

Chris loves city data.
Chris is logging out now.

I mean who speaks like this?

Old 01-04-2013, 07:50 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,129,991 times
In Atlanta where Clash lives it was general knowledge he was gay. he never made it a secret. But because he was gay and involved with children's entertainment there were rumors about pedophilia. Rumors can kill a person to say nothing about what it can do to a person's reputation. This man did a lot of charity work and I think he did a great job in his profession. I would not be so quick to judge him just yet. We all know creeps hoping to make money off lawsuits-especially lawyers- will crawl out of the woodwork when something like this happens. he has a young adult daughter who must be suffering a great deal now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts