Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 09:47 PM

250 posts, read 383,656 times

Advertisements

Anyone else annoyed by the fact that a lot of times they have good movies but quickly get buried by new piles they put on top every week or so? Makes it hard you might see a movie that you like on the side but can't get it to it because it is buried. Has to be a better way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 12:46 AM

563 posts, read 1,270,567 times
Agreed. I don't know if it was Wal-Mart or Best Buy that started the whole dump bins for movies, music and video games, but holy cow, what a stupid idea that was. You can't read half of the titles because they are face down or spine down, and so many of the media inside get loose and scratched as a result from the digging around and the dumping of more titles.

Such a low-rent, Big Lots or Entertainmart feel to it.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:10 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,622,608 times
Yeah, if only there was some kind of display where the DVDs could be put on where they are upright and you can see the titles...

Old 02-15-2013, 07:13 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,270,686 times
I never had a problem with it. Before I got married, my friends and I used to go to Wal-Mart once a week and dig through the $5 DVD bin. We'd sometimes spend a half hour or so digging through it. We didn't care they were a mess. You could always lightly shake the case and hear if the dvd had come loose inside. Sometimes around Christmas time was even better because they'd mark them down to $3 or less and more expensive movies would be in the $5 bin! I guess $5 dvds seemed cheap enough that I didn't care what the display case was like. I was willing to dig for any gems.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:34 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,667,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureMan View Post
Agreed. I don't know if it was Wal-Mart or Best Buy that started the whole dump bins for movies, music and video games, but holy cow, what a stupid idea that was. You can't read half of the titles because they are face down or spine down, and so many of the media inside get loose and scratched as a result from the digging around and the dumping of more titles.

Such a low-rent, Big Lots or Entertainmart feel to it.
I once searched through a "dump bin" of computer games in the late 90's at a Best Buy. Very annoying, and I didn't even find what I wanted.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:20 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,878,541 times
The Walmart here I can't get close enough to the DVD bin to even begin to look. It's like a feeding frenzy. I don't get it.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:05 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,002,006 times
You're getting a movie for $5, not much to complain about. You can probably get the same movie on Amazon for that price and get it delivered to your house if you have such an issue with digging.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:44 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
You're getting a movie for $5, not much to complain about. You can probably get the same movie on Amazon for that price and get it delivered to your house if you have such an issue with digging.
Or you could go to Target and not dig.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:51 PM

4,691 posts, read 307,796 times
Target does not seem to have a very good selection of movies for $5. When in Walmart, take an empty basket with you to the bin. Take movies you don't want and put them in the basket while you look through them. Put the ones you want to buy in the seat of the basket, then return the ones you don't want when you are finished looking. It's the only way you'll ever see what's in the bottom of that bin. Walmart caused the problem, so they should not be too surprised if customers do that.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:22 AM

563 posts, read 1,270,567 times
Yeah, fill up that cart full of DVD's you don't want, and notice the undercover security start to hover in your general direction. You'll notice them with the a walkie talkie bulging from the back of their waistband, or the intense staring they will give you, combined with store personnel suddenly taking an active interest in your ability to find everything OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts