Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 07:33 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,948,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temp43k View Post
But what really gets me is that NOBODY (mostly) EVER uses the bathroom, unless it's something that's really written into the script. How many shows does somebody out for dinner or wherever... goes into a bathroom. There may be a cat fight but no tinkling noises... or passing gas.
People go to the bathroom all the time in movies and TV. That's where the hidden guns are, where you have a nervous breakdown, where you go to remove the FBI wire, or do your drugs. Just like real life!

Anyway, regarding realistic bathroom scenes, do you really want to see more of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC24V8zxfzU

Because that's what you'll get
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 08:36 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,557,096 times
There's been a lot of discussion on the Big Bang Theory thread about the amount of drinking that the girls do, particularly Penny. Lots of eating, too, mostly takeout. Also, lots of dialogue about bathroom habits, so this show really hits them all!

One thing I noticed when watching old Mary Tyler Moore Shows, is the amount of drinking they do. Anybody who visits Mary immediately is offered a mixed drink. Now days most casual on TV drinking is beer or maybe wine, but not mixed drinks.

But the tour de force of small screen drinking is Mad Men. Oh, boy, do those guys put it away!! But some of them can't hold their liquor and get falling down drunk. From what I've heard from people in the business, this was very true -- isn't that when they invented the 3 martini lunch?

(Irks me too when characters aren't shown finishing or paying for meals. One huge exception: Seinfeld. Much discussion over checks and paying, in the diner.)

Old 11-21-2014, 09:05 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,805,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
People go to the bathroom all the time in movies and TV. That's where the hidden guns are, where you have a nervous breakdown, where you go to remove the FBI wire, or do your drugs. Just like real life!

Anyway, regarding realistic bathroom scenes, do you really want to see more of this?

Because that's what you'll get
Well, that might make a good thread, but it's not my intent to hijack this one. It does remind me of an Eliot Gould movie from the 70's... or sometime. Starting with his taking a leak in the kitchen sink. His wife had the only bathroom occupied but she comes out to tell him that 'it was disgusting' (or something like that). He replies, 'No, it's vindictive.' The movie is named 'Move'.

But c'mon, all the people holding it through all the movies just waiting for the end to race to the b'room.... Yeah, people use the bathroom in movies more than they used to, but I sometimes wonder.

Old 11-22-2014, 03:37 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,557,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temp43k View Post
Well, that might make a good thread, but it's not my intent to hijack this one. It does remind me of an Eliot Gould movie from the 70's... or sometime. Starting with his taking a leak in the kitchen sink. His wife had the only bathroom occupied but she comes out to tell him that 'it was disgusting' (or something like that). He replies, 'No, it's vindictive.' The movie is named 'Move'.

Hah -- that's like when George from Seinfeld peed in the shower at the gym. He couldn't see what the big deal was -- the drains/pipes all go to the same place. Elaine asked him "Did you ever think of just holding it?"

Old 12-09-2014, 07:22 PM

3,623 posts, read 4,453,409 times
I haven't noticed. But to answer your question about is it really that normal...well, not for me! I do drink like a damn fish, but never with a meal...just ain't right to me. Only thing I can drink during a meal is water. No soda, juice or anything just water. It is so refreshing. Now 15 mins or so after a good meal I cans ure crack open a few beers or a whisky lol

Old 12-10-2014, 09:10 AM

88,060 posts, read 83,928,707 times
A strange eating scene I always wondered about was in Pulp Fiction when Uma Thurmann goes into the bathroom, snorts coke, and comes out to find her burger waiting for her. She says isn't it great to come back from the bathroom and find your food waiting for you, then picks it up and eats it. How the heck is she eating a burger right after snorting coke? Did Tarantino do that on purpose to confuse us?

Old 12-11-2014, 01:19 AM

23,473 posts, read 13,705,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
A strange eating scene I always wondered about was in Pulp Fiction when Uma Thurmann goes into the bathroom, snorts coke, and comes out to find her burger waiting for her. She says isn't it great to come back from the bathroom and find your food waiting for you, then picks it up and eats it. How the heck is she eating a burger right after snorting coke? Did Tarantino do that on purpose to confuse us?
Well, not being one with a frosty nose, I don't know how that would affect the appetite.

But, maybe she had a weak stash, maybe she had become very insensitive to the stuff, or something.

Of course, to a hopefully vastly uninformed audience about the stuff, Mr. T. probably thought he could get away with a lot of poetic license.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts