Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 08:19 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,122,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Character A, with a look of consternation: There's something I have to tell you.

Character B, giddily: I have something to tell you, too!

A: Oh, you go first.

B: [Yaps about news], then says What did you want to tell me?

A: Nevermind.

I love this post and it reminds of something else I hate.

Someone has an important piece of news to tell someone else.
Somehow, it is impossible to say this one or two sentences because of 'interruption' or someone else being there or whatever.
This device is used to ratchet up tension in the film/show, but only serves to make me angry and frustrated.
Sometimes the fact that they didn't say it leads to a misunderstanding of facts or feelings on the part of the other person.

I mean, come on.
If you have something important to say, it takes two seconds.
Hell, we all find time to tell people non-important things all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2016, 12:39 PM

4,857 posts, read 5,780,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
The chief or supervisor of any modern workplace on TV, especially law enforcement entities, has an office that's all glass. No privacy. I guess they can never scratch their butt or get something out of their nose in their own office. Everyone who reports to them can see everything that happens in that glass office. But somehow the glass is totally sound-proof, because they have very confidential conversations there all the time, usually with lots of shouting, but no one else hears anything.
...except when they all run up to the door...

Old 05-03-2016, 07:17 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,575,229 times
The aliens/zombies/bad guys/monsters/asteroids are coming! Death and disaster are imminent! We must flee! But first ... let's hug and have a drawn-out tender moment.

When the deafening chaos becomes low background noise and the director zooms in for the tender moment, I like to turn to my husband and whisper, "Neo. ... I'm not scared anymore ..."

Old 05-09-2016, 09:32 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,282,619 times
When someone pulls the fire alarm pull station or sets off a smoke detector and sprinklers start spraying water. IT DOESNT WORK LIKE THAT IN REAL LIFE. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT.

The gun that has a standard 15 round mag that never empties and never needs reloading

When someone gets kicked n the head or takes some very bad physical punishment. No you are not gonna get up and whoop a room full of dudes after one punted your head through the uprights.

The hero going at it with a handgun steps over real firepower like a SAW or AK

Old 05-13-2016, 06:04 PM

22,643 posts, read 6,396,557 times
When a suspect is spotted WAY AHEAD of the arresting officers, or across
the street, and they yell to him...of course he starts running...Why don't you
get closer instead of giving him such a head start?

Old 05-15-2016, 05:21 PM

13,259 posts, read 8,355,383 times
I love the "movie star parking!
How do they always find that spot right in front of the building??

The annoying dinner scenes, that food has got to be cold and they have to pretend its hot and delicious.

Any Medical scene. I cringe when they do procedures, they are soo violating many processes!!

Actors doing really poor accents!

And please please stop smashing those exotic cars! Give it to me, I promise not to let it get bombed, tossed over a bridge or hijacked.

Old 05-29-2016, 04:19 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,575,229 times
On TV and in movies, it's nighttime and everybody is going to bed ... with lights on all over the house. Kids are put to bed with a lamp or two on. Multiple lights on in the hallway. If it's dark outside, every single lamp in the house is lit. I just glare and mutter about the utility bill.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:28 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,678,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
When a suspect is spotted WAY AHEAD of the arresting officers, or across
the street, and they yell to him...of course he starts running...Why don't you
get closer instead of giving him such a head start?
+1

+1

+1

And it is is all the cop movies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts