Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 07:39 AM

23,769 posts, read 28,911,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Denounce away, if you are bored / boring enough to do so.

Who cares?

I denounce this post

Old 11-04-2016, 12:03 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,740,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford
In other words some people are suggesting that we punish others for saying what they have every right to say? Would you suggest that we suspend the 1st amendment?
I couldnt agree more!!

Many agree with him......... Why cut him down??

Old 11-13-2016, 04:39 AM

93 posts, read 63,872 times
There are plenty of bigots in Hollywood just as there are plenty in our "non-Hollywood" world. Some are in the closet and some not. There are also plenty of sexual predators, narcissists and sleazebags in Hollywood just like there are anywhere else (we just don't always find out about it).

Eastwood is "old school". There are lots of people from his generation that think/feel that way, we just don't always get to hear it directly out of their mouths.

I personally don't agree with his comments (at all), but am I really that shocked by them? No.

Ultimately you have to decide if you're going to buy a movie ticket or not. It's your choice.

You can't count on Hollywood to begin making "ethical" decisions. The film industry is a business. Their business is making money. They will continue to fund whatever and whoever sells.

Look at how long it has taken for Hollywood to openly even acknowledge lack of diversity... After two straight years of all-white Oscars (and protests) the Academy committee decided it will (finally) increase some diversity on their board.

Ultimately, the most important thing (in my opinion) is regardless of people like Eastwood, Trump or others who may share their mindset, the most crucial thing for all the writers, directors and artists in Hollywood who are minorities and are still striving to be heard is to keep writing, keep creating, keep creating opportunities for yourselves. You can't count on Hollywood to do any of that for you. Because they won't.

Old 11-17-2016, 09:14 PM

1,149 posts, read 928,556 times
He should not be denounced at all. Look at what all those Hollywood liberals say.

Old 11-18-2016, 11:45 AM

23,769 posts, read 28,911,130 times
he should be cut some slack, after what happened with that chair thing, feeble mindedness seems to mostly define what he has become

Old 11-18-2016, 08:52 PM

7,572 posts, read 8,992,582 times
His daughter said this isn't really his account and that her dad doesn't use twitter. So here it is pages later and you are all still blabbing about it.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:07 PM

1,108 posts, read 947,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
The question stated in the OP is what bothers me about the left.

You see, I consider myself a very moderate conservative. Very much in the middle with so many things, but more right-leaning when it comes to money and certain social issues. However, stuff like this is what is pulling me even more to the right.

Basically, anyone who says anything left-leaning is awesome, and anyone who says anything right-leaning is wrong and should be condemned, condemned, condemned forever as a bigot.

Perhaps some should look up the definition of "bigot." I don't think they actually understand what it means.

"big·ot
ˈbiɡət/
noun
a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions."
I would have to say I am a "Moderate Conservative" as well. I agree with your comments-thank you!
Couldn't have said it better. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts