U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2021, 09:54 PM

2,070 posts, read 954,945 times

Advertisements

Carlin was a master of observation and people could relate to his observations.
"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"
Masterful.
Jay Leno is another with a gift for observation.
“How come you never see a headline like, ‘Psychic Wins Lottery’?”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 06:38 PM

10,765 posts, read 16,857,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"
Masterful.
Carlin and Gallagher have great routines about words and the English language. Leno was good but I grew up during what my dad called the Johnny Carson dynasty. After all those years of watching Johnny, Leno and Kimmel, though good, just don't stack up.

I'm not big on comedians these days. I like a few dirty jokes and gags every now and then but some go overboard. Can any of them go through a routine without cussing? Yeah I say that and Carlin is the first name on my list. But some stand ups these days make George sound like a school kid, language wise.

George Carlin
Robin Williams
Gallagher
George Burns
Freddie Prinz
Bob Hope
Buddy Hackett
Don Rickles
Red Skelton
Groucho Marx

Old 03-15-2021, 05:22 PM

176 posts, read 88,544 times
1. Robin Williams standup! I still miss him very much.

2. Gabriel Iglesias
3. George Carlin
4. Jeff Foxworthy
5. Bill Engvall
6.Redd Foxx
7. Richard Pryor
8. Gallagher, yes!
9. Red Skelton, oh the memories

Old 03-15-2021, 05:52 PM

9,178 posts, read 861,271 times
1. George Carlin
2. Lewis Black
3. Sebastian Maniscalco
4. Jim Gaffigan
5. Phyllis Diller
6. Robin Williams
7. Billy Crystal
8. Jerry Seinfeld
9. Eddie Izzard
10. Dana Gould

Old 03-18-2021, 04:34 PM

1,386 posts, read 942,601 times
Wasn't going to respond because just about everybody I like had been mentioned. However, I have to mention:

Joe Rogan--his Strange Days special on Netflix. I knew he did stand up, but I didn't know he was that funny! I'm talking about can't catch my breath, beer flying out of my nose funny! Vegan cats!

Joe Koy--First 2 specials on Netflix were hilarious!

--

Old 12-12-2021, 03:31 AM

2,538 posts, read 1,669,814 times
Lisa Lampanelli
Bernie Mac
Adam Sandler
Lewis Black
Gilbert Gottfried
Louis C.K.
Gallagher
Norm Macdonald
Emo Philips
Carlos Mencia

Old 12-12-2021, 08:08 AM

18,063 posts, read 14,635,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Masterful.
Steven Wright was like this too. “How come we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?”

Old 12-14-2021, 05:01 PM

9,754 posts, read 9,164,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Carlin and Gallagher have great routines about words and the English language. Leno was good but I grew up during what my dad called the Johnny Carson dynasty. After all those years of watching Johnny, Leno and Kimmel, though good, just don't stack up.

I'm not big on comedians these days. I like a few dirty jokes and gags every now and then but some go overboard. Can any of them go through a routine without cussing? Yeah I say that and Carlin is the first name on my list. But some stand ups these days make George sound like a school kid, language wise.
Watch "Dry Bar Comedy" on You Tube, they are in Utah and the comedians have to be clean. they are really funny!

Old 12-14-2021, 05:29 PM

2,246 posts, read 1,401,636 times
Chris Porter is the only one I have not seen listed.

Old 01-18-2022, 10:55 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,008,603 times
I would add Neal Brennan who was the main writer for the Chappelle Show. Do yourself a favor and watch Neal's 3 Mikes special on Netflix. I thought it was amazing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts