Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 05:15 PM

668 posts, read 470,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Didn't watch Oprah, but have a vibe that Meghan is a drama queen.

Have never watched Piers - have heard he's a jerk, but don't disagree with him for having a non-PC opinion.

Have not kept up with Sharon Osborne, and I know her daughter said something racist about needing to keep POC around to clean toilets, etc.

I don't disagree with Sharon siding with her friend, Piers. Nothing wrong with it.

I thought it was the point of The Talk to have different opinions.

I'm confused. What was the horrible thing Sharon Osborne actually did?

yes. This. I guess she stuck up for her friend (who isn't racist, he's just a pompous ass).

I'm wondering too what she did....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2021, 09:35 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,237,086 times
I think she is going to get a nice payout

Probably $10 million

Old 03-30-2021, 09:51 PM

305 posts, read 213,074 times
How creepy is the race hustling mindset as exemplified by Black co-host in that video?

This attitude is setting the world back 200 years.

Old 03-31-2021, 05:51 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Her mother, Doria Ragland, is black. Meghan is fair skinned black, but she is still black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira kira View Post
OK, does that mean Meghan's son is also black? At what percentage can a person no longer claim being black?
Legally I believe it is 25%.

Genetically, most AA are about 24% white. Statistically, Meghan is likely more white than black if her father is 100% European.https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014...many-americans

Lets face a simple truth. People believe people they are aligned with more. Left of center people are going to tend to believe Meghan more. Right of center will not. The whole thing then veers off into the cancel culture thing which belongs in politics not here.

Old 03-31-2021, 05:54 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Hate to see Sharon go. Sheryl Underwood doesn't have the experience to be a moderator.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/sh...TnJ?li=BBnbfcL

Thanks for making a thread. I've been wanting to look into it, possibly watch the Meghan interview and see the part about Sharon. I'm familiar with Piers from watching him on the judge show they did. He's an a$$. I like Sharon though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
Meghan is biracial.

Thanks, that's the point I want to make too because she's not white and she's not black, she's mixed, probably more so with European from her father then black from her mother. My 2 grand kids are mixed, did their DNA. My granddaughter who looks like Shirley Temple is 63% European. My grandson who looks like Slash from Guns and Roses (same corkscrew hair and coloring, Slash's mom is black) is 50 something percent European. In both cases, my grand kids got more European DNA then African which is probably true of Meghan too.

It's very possible that one of their babies will resemble that they are mixed or that they appear more African then European because of Megan's genes. I'm not surprised someone in Harry's family would question could they have a mixed or African looking baby. It would be a valid question because it's nothing that they know about. It's a good teaching moment unless Meghan was offended by it. I have not seen their interview yet. I don't care for Oprah.

Quote:
Didn't watch Oprah, but have a vibe that Meghan is a drama queen.

Have never watched Piers - have heard he's a jerk, but don't disagree with him for having a non-PC opinion.

Have not kept up with Sharon Osborne, and I know her daughter said something racist about needing to keep POC around to clean toilets, etc.

I don't disagree with Sharon siding with her friend, Piers. Nothing wrong with it.

I thought it was the point of The Talk to have different opinions.

I think Sharon is being used as a scape-goat. I think they're making the wrong decision with making her step down. Sharon is one of the nicest people I've seen on TV. I've seen her on many shows including their family reality show. I'm clueless how she even puts up with Ozzy or how she can understand a word he says. Funny, he sings really clear but he mumbles when he speaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marehoodlum View Post
yes. This. I guess she stuck up for her friend (who isn't racist, he's just a pompous ass).

I'm wondering too what she did....
That's all she did from what I've read. The network is making an example out of her. She doesn't need the money anyway, so it's the viewers loss if you liked the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I hope so, but I doubt. Sheryl Underwood's hesitance and verbiage when asking Sharon the question concerning race caused Sharon to snap. Watch the clip below. Sheryl Underwood is no Oprah. Sharon isn't racist, she should have not had to address questions concerning Piers Morgan. Let Piers Morgan speak for himself, Sharon isn't Morgan's interpreter. I'm not Sharon's interpreter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xUviHcV8NA

Thanks, I'll have to come back on my cell so I can watch it. I don't have speakers hooked up.

Old 03-31-2021, 06:10 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
Meghan is biracial.
Yes, and one of those races is black. "Biracial" in and of itself is not a race.

Old 03-31-2021, 06:13 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Thanks, that's the point I want to make too because she's not white and she's not black, ...
She is white AND she is black.

Old 03-31-2021, 06:20 AM

1,241 posts, read 2,321,762 times
Quote:
Sharon went against "The 3x5 Card of Allowable Opinion!"

Old 03-31-2021, 06:50 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,032,823 times
The questioner backpedaled like "oh, I wasn't trying to say you are a racist". Yeah, you were. Osbourne's response is exactly how everyone put in this position should react. Call it out for what is, calmly and rationally.

Old 03-31-2021, 07:29 AM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

It's very possible that one of their babies will resemble that they are mixed or that they appear more African then European because of Megan's genes. I'm not surprised someone in Harry's family would question could they have a mixed or African looking baby. It would be a valid question because it's nothing that they know about. It's a good teaching moment unless Meghan was offended by it. I have not seen their interview yet. I don't care for Oprah.

Right. The point here is that the notion of a "Royal bloodline" is "racist" in itself, and the whitest of the white white white supremacy was the foundation upon which the British Empire was built. I mean, let's be real about "who" and "what" we are dealing with here....lol.

Why Markle wanted to marry into that, idfk...

It definitely comes across as some kind of well-orchestrated take-down. Celebrities only serve to make it "interesting" for the masses... I guess
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts