Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 08:50 AM

8,078 posts, read 7,440,737 times

Advertisements

Can someone explain how Megan Markel is "black"? This is all because Megan Markle is "black", right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2021, 09:56 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Can someone explain how Megan Markel is "black"? This is all because Megan Markle is "black", right?
Markel is gorgeous and has the whitest kid I've seen in a while.......wouldn't watch this show on a bet.....if you argue with the blacks they have all been indoctrinated as victims for the last 50 years by the DEMS who just want the votes........there are stupid whites and brilliant blacks all over..........brightest guy I've ever known was of American Indian descent and he was pure genius......there are no races in Gods world only humans who all bleed the same red if cut........I'm good with that

Old 03-30-2021, 11:05 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,507,028 times
Quote:
Her mother, Doria Ragland, is black. Meghan is fair skinned black, but she is still black.

Old 03-30-2021, 11:46 AM

497 posts, read 696,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Her mother, Doria Ragland, is black. Meghan is fair skinned black, but she is still black.
OK, does that mean Meghan's son is also black? At what percentage can a person no longer claim being black?

Old 03-30-2021, 11:47 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
I don’t watch “Good Morning Britain”, but I have seen a few 10-15 second flashes of it, and Piers Morgan comes off, (to me), as a self opinionated, bombastic, ignorant boor.
No matter who’s speaking, he’ll chime in and talk right over them, just about the worst kind of character that you want on a talking heads discussion show.
However, having watched his flounce from the set of the show on various news channels, and what led up to it, I’m finding it hard to see any overt racism in what he said.
Unless I missed something, he appeared to say that he didn’t believe a word that came out of Ms. Markle’s mouth, he didn’t say, “She’s black, so she must be a liar”, he simply stated that he didn’t believe anything that she said during the Oprah interview.
I still don’t like him, and if he appears on my screen, I’ll reach for the remote, but I’m yet to be convinced that he’s the UK’s male answer to Alex Housden.
Hate to Say it but, i could not agree with you more in this Case.
Although Piers has said some things in the past that come off as, pretty damn insensitive, I'm ready to tag him a racist, just a misinformed fool.

Old 03-30-2021, 12:02 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,025,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira kira View Post
OK, does that mean Meghan's son is also black? At what percentage can a person no longer claim being black?
Kind of depends on who you talk to. It is certainly a 'thing' that "One drop of black blood makes you black" among some people.

Old 03-30-2021, 12:47 PM

8,078 posts, read 7,440,737 times
Quote:
I just looked up Doria Ragland and she certainly "looks black". Still I have to wonder how long you can claim being black, much less claim anti-black prejudice when you are world famous and fabulously wealthy and really don't look that black to begin with.

If some fossilized, inbred weirdo expressed concern over "how dark Archie would be" then at what point do you allow yourself to just roll your eyes and laugh to yourself? Does everything have to be show-stoppingly offensive? (For the record Archie looks whiter than Harry; is he really the father? )

Old 03-30-2021, 03:23 PM

3,460 posts, read 2,783,899 times
Quote:
Meghan is biracial.

Old 03-30-2021, 04:24 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,651,220 times
Didn't watch Oprah, but have a vibe that Meghan is a drama queen.

Have never watched Piers - have heard he's a jerk, but don't disagree with him for having a non-PC opinion.

Have not kept up with Sharon Osborne, and I know her daughter said something racist about needing to keep POC around to clean toilets, etc.

I don't disagree with Sharon siding with her friend, Piers. Nothing wrong with it.

I thought it was the point of The Talk to have different opinions.

I'm confused. What was the horrible thing Sharon Osborne actually did?

Old 03-30-2021, 04:55 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,595,603 times
Quote:
I just looked up Doria Ragland and she certainly "looks black". Still I have to wonder how long you can claim being black, much less claim anti-black prejudice when you are world famous and fabulously wealthy and really don't look that black to begin with.

If some fossilized, inbred weirdo expressed concern over "how dark Archie would be" then at what point do you allow yourself to just roll your eyes and laugh to yourself? Does everything have to be show-stoppingly offensive? (For the record Archie looks whiter than Harry; is he really the father? )
Is Harry really Archie’s father? that’s a classic for the National Enquirer right there!
Way back in prehistoric times, I put the bite on, (London slang for hit on), a beautiful girl in a bar in London’s East End, she was the whitest girl that I’d ever seen, she was almost like an albino, she was 18 y.o., and had completely white hair.
I took her out a few times, but she’d never let me come into the house where she lived with her parents.
One afternoon I was passing her house, in Custom House, East London, and on a whim I decide to ring the doorbell to see if she was home.
It was answered by a very nice guy, roughly the same colour as Louis Armstrong, who informed me that he was Maureen’s father, that she’d be home soon, would I care to wait?
When she came home, she gave me the mother of all stink eyes, and suggested that we walk to “The Barge” pub in Victoria Dock Road.
She said that she thought that if I told her that her dad was black, (this was circa 1959), I might walk away.
I told her that I didn’t care if her dad was blue with green stripes, she was the one that I was interested in, not her dad.
We kept dating for a while, then one Sunday night a friend and I went to the Lyceum dance hall, off the Strand, near Covent Garden, and I met another beautiful girl, and that as they say, was that, let’s be fair here, I was just 19.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts