Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 02:30 AM

362 posts, read 1,057,608 times

Advertisements

I found this in the San Antonio forum, same topic.

As these plans came together—and as Eisner saw potential profit in more urban parks—Disney announced that they were looking to franchise this concept. Though of course, future urban parks would not include the TV studio and the animation complex, as those would be unique to the Burbank Backlot experience. Specifically, Disney announced that it was pursuing developments in Chicago, Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Antonio—each with a unique theme derived from the area’s local history. “We’ll be doing more of these,” Rothschild explained to a local reporter, “and we will fit them to the needs of the community.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 09:50 AM

595 posts, read 2,742,050 times
So, Disney is looking into building more parks in all of thoses cities? How come we haven't heard anything about this? You'd think it'd be pretty big.

Old 06-01-2008, 01:11 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,991,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Then again they have one in Orlando which is hotter with higher humidity than almost anywhere in Texas.
I say Corpus Christi would be an awesome choice. It would instantly rejuvenate a prime location in Texas that is kind of floundering right now and it is a relatively easy drive from Houston, Austin and SA. SA and Houston and Dallas already have plenty going for them so why not give it to a smaller city with a perfect location that could use it? In Florida, disney located in small Orlando instead of the major metros of Miami and Tampa and things worked out pretty well there!
that would ruin corpus!! just what corpus needs, another mega greedy company that provides minimum wages to its employees and the hospitality industry.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:15 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,179,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1984 View Post
I found this in the San Antonio forum, same topic.

As these plans came together—and as Eisner saw potential profit in more urban parks—Disney announced that they were looking to franchise this concept. Though of course, future urban parks would not include the TV studio and the animation complex, as those would be unique to the Burbank Backlot experience. Specifically, Disney announced that it was pursuing developments in Chicago, Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Antonio—each with a unique theme derived from the area’s local history. “We’ll be doing more of these,” Rothschild explained to a local reporter, “and we will fit them to the needs of the community.”
Wow based on those cities I choose Chicago! Then it wouldn't cost me close to $5K to take my famiily for a little Disney fix to FL. Oh wait if they chose Philly we could get our cheese steak & soft pretzel fix right along side Mickey. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:40 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,192,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Wow based on those cities I choose Chicago! Then it wouldn't cost me close to $5K to take my famiily for a little Disney fix to FL. Oh wait if they chose Philly we could get our cheese steak & soft pretzel fix right along side Mickey. Decisions, decisions, decisions.
I heard their supposed to be disney hotels and resorts. Not amusment parks.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:09 PM

259 posts, read 789,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
california And Flordia Have Disney Worlds And They Attract Alot Of Tourists. I Think It's Time For Another One!

Which State Should Get It Though???

Alaska

Old 06-03-2008, 09:36 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,179,010 times
Quote:
I heard their supposed to be disney hotels and resorts. Not amusment parks.

That would be a cool fix too since my kids are older now! Our last trip down we spent a day going to a couple of different resorts than where we were staying. In the middle of MGM studios they both asked if we could just go back to our pool at our resort so we did!

Old 06-04-2008, 10:31 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,084,252 times
When I first started looking into moving to Missouri, I found a few websites that mentioned rumors that Disney was considering opening a 3rd Disney in the Kansas City metro area. Location wise, it's a great idea, because it's in the center of the country.

I think Texas or the Chicago metro area would be great choices, too. They're also fairly well centered. I don't think it would make sense to build a new one on or near either coast; it might detract from the current ones.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:49 PM

1,271 posts, read 4,022,245 times
New York

Quote:
California and Flordia have disney worlds and they attract alot of tourists. I think it's time for another one!

Which state should get it though???

Old 06-04-2008, 04:10 PM

432 posts, read 1,664,329 times
i want it to be in Charlotte. The closest theme park we have is Carowinds in south carolina.

Maryland/DC/Virginia/penn already have many theme parks. they have hershey park, busch gardens, six flags, king dominions and more.

If not, try Boston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts