Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 01:30 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times

Advertisements

Best thing to do for ole Joe is every consumer needs to boycott any artist on his record label. If his artists can't make him money he'll go back under the woodwork where roaches live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 02:35 AM

4,116 posts, read 3,146,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette-dude View Post
During "what should be" grieving time for Michael, Dad Joe is announcing a new record company...just a few days after his son's passing., isn't it just too obvious....

Fans Question Joe Jackson's Actions Video - Comcast.net

FOXNews.com - Joe Jackson Looks for New Stars - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

He is very selfish always was since MJ was a child. Very heartless and mean

Old 07-01-2009, 09:56 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,612,994 times
The same reason Tina Turner didn't get along with Ike.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:43 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,581,261 times
okay i guess I'll get slammed for saying this but if it weren't for Joe then there would be no Jackson 5, no Michael, no Janet and no the rest of them. While Joe Jackson may have been a Father who ruled his home with an iron fist, he did raise those children and raised them to be successful. Many people do not know the kind of city that Gary IN is.....to raise law abiding children you HAD to, and maybe even moreso now, rule your children with Iron Fists - keep them busy and stay on them to be the best that they could be.

While MJ may have publicly spoken about beatings, he never publicly stated that he hated his Father or despised his Father. I'm convinced that he loved his Father. He may have resented that his Father didn't allow him to have time to be a child and enjoy his youth. But had he, would the world have experienced MJ? I don't think so.

Don't slam me b/c I'm not saying that I agree with Joe Jackson and what he did however, what I am saying is that what he did and how his raised his children, resulted in the Jackson 5 and M.J.

As far as his comments here lately, we must all remember that the man is 80 or 80+ years old. My grandmother has said, and continues to say things that make me say. I wouldn't put too much stake in his behavior. Not to mention, people grieve differently. When my Grandfather died, I never say my Grandmother cry. She was walking around the house, going to the store, attending club meetings, laughing talking, etc. which i thought was odd, since they were married when she was 17 and that was the only man she dated and had been with her whole life. Did her behavior mean that she wasn't grieving? Absolutely not!

Old 07-01-2009, 11:42 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
okay i guess I'll get slammed for saying this but if it weren't for Joe then there would be no Jackson 5, no Michael, no Janet and no the rest of them. While Joe Jackson may have been a Father who ruled his home with an iron fist, he did raise those children and raised them to be successful. Many people do not know the kind of city that Gary IN is.....to raise law abiding children you HAD to, and maybe even moreso now, rule your children with Iron Fists - keep them busy and stay on them to be the best that they could be.

While MJ may have publicly spoken about beatings, he never publicly stated that he hated his Father or despised his Father. I'm convinced that he loved his Father. He may have resented that his Father didn't allow him to have time to be a child and enjoy his youth. But had he, would the world have experienced MJ? I don't think so.
Don't slam me b/c I'm not saying that I agree with Joe Jackson and what he did however, what I am saying is that what he did and how his raised his children, resulted in the Jackson 5 and M.J.

As far as his comments here lately, we must all remember that the man is 80 or 80+ years old. My grandmother has said, and continues to say things that make me say. I wouldn't put too much stake in his behavior. Not to mention, people grieve differently. When my Grandfather died, I never say my Grandmother cry. She was walking around the house, going to the store, attending club meetings, laughing talking, etc. which i thought was odd, since they were married when she was 17 and that was the only man she dated and had been with her whole life. Did her behavior mean that she wasn't grieving? Absolutely not!
Think a bit about what you stated her. I think I know what you meant, but no child deserves being treated as MJ was by his father even if it means cheating the world out of an entertainer! After seeing the Martin Bashir interview with MJ and hearing him say that he would regurgitate just at the sight of his father made me ill. Why is the world worthy of having a child live in fear and abuse for the sake of its being "entertained?" As for ruling with an iron fist, seems as if MJ succeeded in gaining fame and fortune, but never true happiness and inner peace with who he was. He self mutilated his face and when all was said and done, further ruined himself via drug addiction, so what good did "ruling him with an iron fist" really come to?

Last edited by sickofnyc; 07-02-2009 at 12:07 AM..

Old 07-02-2009, 04:28 PM

5,475 posts, read 12,243,697 times
Quote:

This is not true. In his interview, I can't remember if it was the one with Oprah or the one in 2003 with that other guy, he said that there were times he hated his dad. I don't believe he hated him, per se, but there was alot of hurt and anger in that interview.

Joe used to call him ugly. He made fun of his physical features, namely his nose. He used to say to MJ "You got a big, ugly nose. You didn't get that nose from my side. Must be your mother's." If that's the platform, you can only guess as to the other hurtful, derogatory stuff he said. MJ said he was so embarassed and hurt that he would wash his face in the dark so that he didn't have to look in the mirror. You tell me that isn't abuse? When MJ had regular teenage acne, his dad dogged him about that. He was groomed from a young age to be a perfectionist (b/c his dad would beat the crap out of him if he made a mistake), to have a strong work ethic (he was never allowed to really be a kid), and to be reminded how ugly he was, all while his dad was breeding and grooming him for a profession that focuses a great deal on appearance. No wonder the guy had issues with his skin, his face, his nose. I could go on and on about this, and yes Joe made it possible for his kids to get into showbiz, but as soon as they could, they got out from underneath his iron fist. Unfortunately, MJ was the youngest of the boys, and I feel, very sensitive, and he was never able to overcome all that junk.

It doesn't excuse things, but most people are trying to get out from whatever baggage their parents have put on them. He just had more than others. And it's a damned shame.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:24 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,581,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Think a bit about what you stated her. I think I know what you meant, but no child deserves being treated as MJ was by his father even if it means cheating the world out of an entertainer! After seeing the Martin Bashir interview with MJ and hearing him say that he would regurgitate just at the sight of his father made me ill. Why is the world worthy of having a child live in fear and abuse for the sake of its being "entertained?" As for ruling with an iron fist, seems as if MJ succeeded in gaining fame and fortune, but never true happiness and inner peace with who he was. He self mutilated his face and when all was said and done, further ruined himself via drug addiction, so what good did "ruling him with an iron fist" really come to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
This is not true. In his interview, I can't remember if it was the one with Oprah or the one in 2003 with that other guy, he said that there were times he hated his dad. I don't believe he hated him, per se, but there was alot of hurt and anger in that interview.

Joe used to call him ugly. He made fun of his physical features, namely his nose. He used to say to MJ "You got a big, ugly nose. You didn't get that nose from my side. Must be your mother's." If that's the platform, you can only guess as to the other hurtful, derogatory stuff he said. MJ said he was so embarassed and hurt that he would wash his face in the dark so that he didn't have to look in the mirror. You tell me that isn't abuse? When MJ had regular teenage acne, his dad dogged him about that. He was groomed from a young age to be a perfectionist (b/c his dad would beat the crap out of him if he made a mistake), to have a strong work ethic (he was never allowed to really be a kid), and to be reminded how ugly he was, all while his dad was breeding and grooming him for a profession that focuses a great deal on appearance. No wonder the guy had issues with his skin, his face, his nose. I could go on and on about this, and yes Joe made it possible for his kids to get into showbiz, but as soon as they could, they got out from underneath his iron fist. Unfortunately, MJ was the youngest of the boys, and I feel, very sensitive, and he was never able to overcome all that junk.

It doesn't excuse things, but most people are trying to get out from whatever baggage their parents have put on them. He just had more than others. And it's a damned shame.
Don't get me wrong, I am in no way condoning the treatment of MJ by his father, my only point was that his pressure/work ethic made MJ into a perfectionist. While MJ may have said that he hated him, I too do not believe that he meant it, literally. I believe that MJ loved his father and wanted so desperately to feel loved by him. I think he was always trying to win his fathers' approval.

In terms of his father being the person who ridiculed him about his nose and acne, it wasn't just his father, it was various people, including relatives. That insecurity did not just come from Pappa Joe People can do and say hurtful things which have a lifelong effect on a person and that is sooo unfortunate that it caused MJ to be so insecure that he had to constantly try and change his appearance.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:58 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Some people were saying Joe also might of molested MJ.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:57 PM

5,475 posts, read 12,243,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Some people were saying Joe also might of molested MJ.
I also suspect he was a victim of some sort of molestation. He recalled in an interview when he was a youngester touring with the Jackson 5 and how h e would sometimes have to share a hotel room with his older brothers, who were having sex in the same room with girls. He was told to pretend like he was sleeping and to be quiet and not to tell. Can you imagine? Being exposed to that stuff? Being told you're ugly and then having to go on stage to perform? I'm not saying boo hoo feel sorry. But I do think that there were reasons for his strangeness and sensitivity.

What really pained me was in that interview he got very upset when talking about the child molestation allegations, and said that the family fabric in this nation was breaking because parents weren't spending quality time with their children. And it was something in that interview that made me see, regardless of how weird he might have been, that he felt the pain of children, maybe identified with them, and was still one himself in alot of ways. No one can dispute all the work he's done for children's charities, etc. No doubt when you have a pained childhood, you try to repair that pain by healing others.

Old 07-05-2009, 07:51 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,785,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballgal View Post
Did Joe only abuse MJ? What about the rest of the Jacksons? Are they close to one another and Dad?

Was he singled out and none of the older ones came to his rescue?
I think Michael was singled out a lot but most of the boys in the Jackson 5 were beaten by there father at some point during their life. Michael just receive the brunt of it because he was the most talented and his dad knew he could milk him for the most money.

Quote:

There's a way to get kids to do what you want and beating them isn't the answer. He could have taken away his privileges to play outside, taken away tv time, etc but not beating him with IRON CORDS and slamming him up against a wall.

Michael even said as a kid he would just vomit whenever his dad walked into the room.
I know that if Michael hadn't had his monster for a dad, he would have had a MUCH better life.
I know there are people who might have dealt with much worse but people deal with trauma differently.

Just tonight my insight onto Jackson's child molestation allegations changed. A guy who was a mental advisor so to speak said he had Jackson under hypnosis and he asked Jackson if he was ever inappropriate with children and Jackson vehemently denied it. Plus some people speculate because Jackson was so child like sometimes, he didn't really know his behavior was inappropriate. He might have hugged a child or something to that effect and the child might have seen it as something sexual.
I wasn't really all that torn up about his death because of all the child molestation allegations but now that I feel he didn't do it, I definitely feel more sad. At the same time, I wasn't even alive when Michael was at his best.

I wish he could have lived longer to be around for his children but I also know a lot of his suffering is over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts