Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 02:15 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,538,308 times

Advertisements

THIS WAS THE BEST CARTOON OF THE LAST 10 YEARS....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywo6F...om=PL&index=13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vBRl_jT9z0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 02:54 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,296,653 times
I always liked the following cartoons:

Underdog
Flintstones
Yogi Bear
Pink Panther
Snagglepuss
Looney Tunes-excluding Roadrunner
Rocky & Bullwinkle
The Pink Panther
Huckleberry Hound
Scooby Doo
The Shmoo
Captain Caveman

Old 02-03-2010, 08:33 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,641,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Kids in the Hall was a sketch comedy show on HBO with adult humor. That wasn't a kids show. And the other cartoons you listed are exactly the type of crappy cartoons today that the ones in the 80's were so much better than. Real Monsters, Doug, Hey Arnold, Pete and Pete were the type of crap that I can't stand. Give me Spiderman and his Amazing Friends, Smurfs, Superfriends, the Hulk, Batman, the older Batman and Superman shows, Plasticman, Shazaam, Thundercats, Transformers, Gi Joe, Silverhawks, He-Man...those are real cartoons, not "Doug" Heck, even the female driven cartoons like She-Ra and Jem and the Hollograms were far better than "Real Monsters" and "Hey Arnold"
I could have sworn I saw "Kids in the Hall" on Nickelodeon, ah well. Okay, I've seen "Spiderman and his Amazing Friends" on YouTube and I didn't really care for it...you should upgrade to Spiderman TAS. The only good show that I like from your would be GI Joe. This may be blasphemous (to you) but Dragonball Z is more entertaining than Thundercats, no question. I think "Real Monsters" and "Smurfs" are neck & neck and I like "Beast Wars" over "Transformers". I don't know about the others but here are some real cartoons for you:
1)X-Men 2) Spiderman TAS 3)Mega Man 4)Batman TAS 5)Gargoyels 6)Mighty Max 7)Recess 8)Batman Beyond 9)The New Batman/Superman Adventures 10)The Magic School Bus 11)Captain Planet 12) Tiny Tune Adventures (top 20 all time in bold)

I'm leaving some out that I should have put down but I'm sure you know already that the 90s was too serious when it came to classic cartoons. I think it's fair to say that the 80s was great in a Hellenistic Empire kind of way but the 90s was the Roman Empire when it comes to cartoons.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:09 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,313,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I couldn't get through all the posts so I will just mention my favorites:

Bugs Bunny
Felix The Cat
Woody Woodpecker
Popeye
Mighty Mouse
Betty Boop

It seems when they began calling cartoons "animations" some of the quality went down. But of the newer ones I like:

The Simpson's
Futurama
Cleveland Show (but that's kind of changing)
Daria
Aeon Flux
King of the Hill

I am not a big Disney fan but the first Fantasia was great. Also the Italian cartoon movie Allegro Non Troppo
Yeah, What ever happened to Daria?

Old 02-10-2010, 06:23 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,463,730 times
Cartoons and cartooning in general died when politically correct mothers deemed Bugs Bunny too violent for their kids. Bring back the classics to cartoon network and I would never leave home

Looney Toons
The Flintstones
The Jetsons
Underdog
Scooby Doo
Pink Panther (I have the entire collection on DVD)
Herculoids
Space Ghost
Yogi Bear
Wheelie and the Chopper Gang
The Banana Splits (Not all cartoons, but there were a few on there)
Tom and Jerry

There were a few from the UK that I always watched as well

Count Duckula
Danger Mouse (lol "oh eck DM")

Animation today sucks, the voices suck, the stupid story lines suck. Cartoons never had a story to them. They were loaded with humor and characters beating each other silly. Some were politically motivated ( Bugs Bunny burrowing into the Bay of Pigs ) one of the best looney toons ever.
Cartoons never tried to teach kids a wholesome message, today they are so PC that I think they are intended to replace part of parental responsibilty for child rearing. Bring back the slapstick comedy of old cartoons and let kids be entertained again. Dora the who ? WTF is that anyway, if I had kids I would buy all the old classics on DVD for them and never let them watch television !

I feel bad for kids today, the got the perverbial cartoon shaft......

Old 02-11-2010, 03:16 AM

5 posts, read 7,328 times
Actually all this depends why these cartoons are presented. In the past they were made for the fun and now a days they are cartooned for the sake of money. So there should be the difference.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:42 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,733,178 times
Which is why cartoons today suck

Old 02-11-2010, 03:19 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,538,308 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIrEf...om=PL&index=34

Couldn't find one in English...

Old 03-10-2010, 12:59 PM

11 posts, read 32,138 times
I grew up on:
Batman
Darkwing Duck
Animaniacs
Looney Tones (on Saturday mornings)
Tom and Jerry
AHHH Real Monsters
Rocko's Modern Life
Hey Arnold
Pinky and the Brain
Most of the cartoons that came on during the 90's.

I love Spongebob. It's funny and weird at times. I like most of the stuff on Adult Swim. Oh, I also like Foster's Home of Imaginary Friends and My Life as a Teenage Robot. I will never not like cartoons, no matter how old I get.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:22 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,733,178 times
the 90's was the best decade for cartoons. Hey Arnold was awesome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts