Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 09:44 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,745 times

Advertisements

Dennis Hopper died!!! Damn i just found that out. Now thats why everyone was babbling about him...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 04:34 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Im going with Gary Coleman, because he had such a terrible life, however he did have some abusive situations with his wife that Im learning about. RIP GARY and Dennis

These things happen in 3s, so who will be next?
Me!! I'ma die laughing at this.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:15 PM

22,859 posts, read 6,439,215 times
I'd say Dennis Hopper, I was a teen in the 60's.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:33 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersgrl1969 View Post
Gary Coleman sort of became an arrogant douchebag once he became popular on Dif'frent Strokes. Even after the show was cancelled he went around with an obvious chip on his shoulder for some reason.

Dennis Hopper was a fine actor and will definitely be missed.

I was more saddened by Dixie Carter's death. She was great as Julia Sugarbaker.
He had a chip because his parents STOLE all his money. I think that would make you want to have an attitude problem.

I was just thinking about what these people did and other famous people recently dead. I was staring at the things by the register of a convenience store and saw a pack of rolling papers by the name: "easy wider" and wondered if it was from dh movie.

I always wanted to see a GC comeback.

Peter Steele of type o negative was more a shock to me. Dio was sick, DH was sick, GC had health issues...I guess you just kind of watch the clock when thats the case.

There was this really great photo of Jack Nicholson looking into the face of dennis:

They don't seem to make friends to the end like they used to. I love this picture.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:57 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,410,903 times
Neither. I know Dennis Hopper was a famous actor but I couldn't name anything off-hand he was in except "Easy Rider." I don't know his work that well.

Gary Coleman... I grew up with him. For that reason, it was sad. Another bit of my childhood is gone and he was too young. But... I feel he's also at peace now. He did not have an easy life.

Actually Tyler Lambert's death hit me hardest of all recent deaths I heard of. He wasn't a celebrity, but he was Dano Plato's son. He committed suicide three weeks before Gary Coleman died. I hadn't even heard about it until Gary died and it was in a couple of those articles. Such a shame. Surely his mother wanted better for her son than for herself. Sad that they shared the same demise. But I guess he never came to terms with his mom's death.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:01 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesconsinite View Post
Gary Coleman... I grew up with him. For that reason, it was sad. Another bit of my childhood is gone and he was too young. But... I feel he's also at peace now. He did not have an easy life.
Did you guys go to the same school? I wasn't aware that he grew up in Montana.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:53 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Neither one hit me hard. They were just entertainers. Gary's is actually pretty sad because I think his "wife" had a hand in his death.

Now, the death of John Wooden hit me much much harder than these two.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:04 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Neither one hit me hard. They were just entertainers. Gary's is actually pretty sad because I think his "wife" had a hand in his death.

Now, the death of John Wooden hit me much much harder than these two.
I think his exwife tried to whack him and then unplugged him (colman)

Old 06-07-2010, 08:29 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
I think his exwife tried to whack him and then unplugged him (colman)
I think she DID wack him, unplug him, then took pictures of his dead body and is now trying to sell them for $$$$$$ - Gary Coleman's Wife Behind Gruesome Photos | TMZ.com

Old 06-08-2010, 12:16 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I think she DID wack him, unplug him, then took pictures of his dead body and is now trying to sell them for $$$$$$ - Gary Coleman's Wife Behind Gruesome Photos | TMZ.com
That guy even gets screwed in death...man oh man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts