Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 08:38 AM

24 posts, read 106,702 times

Advertisements

I have red in wikipedia that Eugene is at the confluence of the Willamette & McKenzie rivers, are these rivers clean enough to swim in or is it like my lake Ontario a open sewer?I had never had the privilege to swim in a lake or river in N.America,i had to go to Scandinavia(Iceland) to do that!
i have also red postings speaking of a Astoria as a place where there is a sea food festival so i can surmise that it is where fresh fish & seafood (witch i can't get enough off) are available,the question is how far Eugene is to Astoria?Does one as to go there to find fresh fish or does Eugene along with what seem to be a great organic fruits & vegetables market scene also have a sea food market like the one in Seattle?Also what about the meats as in beef,pork & chickens are they also organic?
Finally Eugene being a college town i suppose that if a one comes in to town as a 38y.o.,childless,never married & well to do bachelor (but whom look like Kieth Richards,hey nobody's perfect)shouldn't have to much trouble to find a young lady in her early 20s right?
So the question is:how about the young babes in Eugene are they hot & worth marrying?
thank you

Old 06-25-2007, 02:50 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,674,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUMBER 6 View Post
I have red in wikipedia that Eugene is at the confluence of the Willamette & McKenzie rivers, are these rivers clean enough to swim in or is it like my lake Ontario a open sewer?I had never had the privilege to swim in a lake or river in N.America,i had to go to Scandinavia(Iceland) to do that!
BWAHAHAHAHA! That close to the headwaters, the rivers are sparkling clean glacial runoff. They might get warm enough to swim in by August. Otherwise, wear a wet suit.

Quote:
i have also red postings speaking of a Astoria as a place where there is a sea food festival so i can surmise that it is where fresh fish & seafood (witch i can't get enough off) are available,the question is how far Eugene is to Astoria?
About 5 hours, one way.

Quote:
Does one as to go there to find fresh fish or does Eugene along with what seem to be a great organic fruits & vegetables market scene also have a sea food market like the one in Seattle?Also what about the meats as in beef,pork & chickens are they also organic?
"You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant."

Quote:
Finally Eugene being a college town i suppose that if a one comes in to town as a 38y.o.,childless,never married & well to do bachelor (but whom look like Kieth Richards,hey nobody's perfect)shouldn't have to much trouble to find a young lady in her early 20s right?
So the question is:how about the young babes in Eugene are they hot & worth marrying?
You are going to need an attitude adjustment to be successful with Oregon women.

Last edited by Waterlily; 06-25-2007 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: flame

Old 06-27-2007, 02:38 PM

550 posts, read 3,265,644 times
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the early 20 something college women are less likely to check out a guy in his late 30's than you are to check out a woman in her early 50's.

Keep in mind that these young ladies are surrounded by men in their own age group who are as equally svelte as themselves. Who would you chose if you were one of them?

Old 06-28-2007, 05:38 AM

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggitydot View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the early 20 something college women are less likely to check out a guy in his late 30's than you are to check out a woman in her early 50's.

Keep in mind that these young ladies are surrounded by men in their own age group who are as equally svelte as themselves. Who would you chose if you were one of them?
now,now,now, old lase why be so bitter,give yourself a break,women in their 50s EH?
Christy Brinkley,Linda Harrison,Kate Capshaw,Tinya Roberts or Jacqueline Smith and hell what about even old Raquel Welch!?is that what you are talking about?
------------------------------
"as equally svelte as themselves":
what makes you think that I'm like you?.One of the many perks of late bachelorhood is a long shelve life due to attentive personal care.
------------------------------
" men in their own age group "
whom in the majority have a mindset & conversation that revolve around :The Ball game,Beer,Wings and a wet T-shirts contest but most disconcerting unlike when i was at that age TODAY THEY ALMOST ALL OF THEM STILL LIVE AT HOME WITH MOMMY & DADY or at best in a college dorm!!

AND THAT IS COMPETITION TO YOU!?

Well Eugene here i come!!maybe, i haven't given up going on Colorado yet !.

Last edited by Waterlily; 06-28-2007 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: flame-

Old 06-28-2007, 11:08 PM

Quote:
now,now,now, old lase why be so bitter,give yourself a break,women in their 50s EH?
Christy Brinkley,Linda Harrison,Kate Capshaw,Tinya Roberts or Jacqueline Smith and hell what about even old Raquel Welch!?is that what you are talking about?
WTH is an "old lase"?

We both know that those stunningly gorgeous women are not the norm for their age group. And are you seriously comparing your physical attractiveness to some of the most beautiful women in the world?

But, that really isn't my point. My point was that the women you're asking about are highly unlikely to pay you much, if any, attention. And certainly not the type of attention you're seeking. They might help the old guy when he slips and falls, but when he tries to ask for their number, they'll politely give a fake one.

Quote:
"as equally svelte as themselves":
what makes you think that I'm like you?.One of the many perks of late bachelorhood is a long shelve life due to attentive personal care.
Unless you've suddenly grown significantly younger and a uterus, I doubt you're much like me.

And, this is just a hint, but women aren't exactly impressed by "late bachelorhood". To us, it usually means that the guy either can't sustain a relationship, for whatever reason, or that he's a closet case. Either way, not a good thing when attempting to impress the ladies.

Quote:
" men in their own age group "
whom in the majority have a mindset & conversation that revolve around :The Ball game,Beer,Wings and a wet T-shirts contest but most disconcerting unlike when i was at that age TODAY THEY ALMOST ALL OF THEM STILL LIVE AT HOME WITH MOMMY & DADY or at best in a college dorm!!

AND THAT IS COMPETITION TO YOU!?

Well Eugene here i come!!maybe, i haven't given up going on Colorado yet !.
First, I've never really considered gaining the attentions of the opposite sex a competition. And, secondly, I'm a married woman so if those men are my competition, there are some entirely different issues I'd be concerned with.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:05 PM

Default reply

First, I've never really considered gaining the attentions of the opposite sex a competition. And, secondly, I'm a married woman so if those men are my competition, there are some entirely different issues I'd be concerned with. [/quote]
I wasn't sure if you where a women or not,witch explain what i said in my last post but the point you made my dear digitdot is that as 38 y.o.man i wouldn't find a 50y.o. women to be attractive/just as a 20y.o.women wouldn't find a 38y.o. man attractive and that is not true.A 50 y. o. women that as the time,resource and inclination can be very attractive(the same is true for a man).They don't have to be celebrities neither i often see here in Canada and in Europe "every day"women whom are very attractive and desirable.You seem to threaten by the older mens whom are looking at a much younger womens for a trans-generational relationship movement.The tone,viscousness & aggressivity of your post clearly demonstrate that, you claim to be married and "not looking" ,so don't worry about it than.You are too hung up on age ...live and let live
"And, this is just a hint, but women aren't exactly impressed by "late bachelorhood". To us, it usually means that the guy either can't sustain a relationship, for whatever reason, or that he's a closet case. Either way, not a good thing when attempting to impress the ladies".
You describe yourself as being of a mind that believe that it is "WEIRD" for a man to wait until he as the means before getting married and have kids,you describe yourself as the kind of female that would consider a responsible man as a "closet case"/"can't sustain a relationship" type for not being married at a age that you consider to be the right one?And you call that and yourself normal?
Now that i have reach a stage in my life where i got the financial security that can allow buy a home(waterfront condo) and own a expensive car is where i should be in order to get married,not before!
"Unless you've suddenly grown significantly younger and a uterus, I doubt you're much like me."
How can possibly be like you,aren't you a women?
but younger i doubt that!

Old 06-29-2007, 11:19 PM

Quote:
You seem to threaten by the older mens whom are looking at a much younger womens for a trans-generational relationship movement.
Not threatened by it in the least. It doesn't affect my life in any way, whatsoever. I'm simply giving you the reality check you so desperately need.

Quote:
You describe yourself as being of a mind that believe that it is "WEIRD" for a man to wait until he as the means before getting married and have kids,you describe yourself as the kind of female that would consider a responsible man as a "closet case"/"can't sustain a relationship" type for not being married at a age that you consider to be the right one?And you call that and yourself normal?
"Late bachelorhood" is not necessarily the same as someone waiting until they're capable of supporting a family. And few 20-somethings care about that, anyway. You're proving my point that a young woman in her early 20's would find herself having little in common with a man in his late 30's who's now ready for a family.

Quote:
How can possibly be like you,aren't you a women?
but younger i doubt that!
That was my point...that I am a woman and in NO WAY am I "like" you. And yes, at 31, I'm younger than you, though not what I would consider significantly.

I have been an early 20-something woman and was merely giving you the advice of one from the PNW. If you chose to take the advice, so be it. If not, so be it. Doesn't really matter to me. Your grasp of the social situation in the PNW is not one based in reality.

P.S. This is a little OT, but can you please use the quote tags? I get the feeling that English isn't your native language and the quote tags will make your posts much more coherent.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:50 PM

[quote=diggitydot;977966]
It doesn't affect my life in any way, whatsoever. I'm simply giving you the reality check you so desperately need

YOU'RE TO KIND!

Late bachelorhood" is not necessarily the same as someone waiting until they're capable of supporting a family. And few 20-somethings care about that, anyway. You're proving my point that a young woman in her early 20's would find herself having little in common with a man in his late 30's who's now ready for a family.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??

That was my point...that I am a woman and in NO WAY am I "like" you. And yes, at 31, I'm younger than you, though not what I would consider significantly.

Now come,come,old lasse your nose is growing,you 31 that was many years ago.

I have been an early 20-something woman and was merely giving you the advice of one from the PNW. If you chose to take the advice, so be it. If not, so be it. Doesn't really matter to me. Your grasp of the social situation in the PNW is not one based in reality.

Please forgive me i didn't know that you are THE one that set the agenda and decide what the reality is in the PNW,you have been in your 20s many years ago,thing have change old girl .As i tried to explain to you in my previous post:you are unquestionably threaten by older man whom are seeking younger women,in spite of you shouting otherwise, you entire rant shows clearly your hang-ups and preoccupation with age. You CLAIM!! to be married and "no longer looking"if that is the case....than do not worry yourself sick over what the rest of us do...live and let live

This is a little OT, but can you please use the quote tags? I get the feeling that English isn't your native language and the quote tags will make your posts much more coherent.

I tried but I can't explain it ,the quote option does not seem to work for me.to help you i have hi-lighted your quotes in red,as far as the English matter is concern:
LOOK WHO'S TALKIN'!

Old 06-30-2007, 05:51 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,844 times
Sir...
10 posts and an attitude that comes across in your public persona on the internet does not make friends here.. even if it is the internet.. as such I offer this advice as a most respectful and friendly suggestion for you to think about. You sound arrogant by your words. I have usually found in life that there is someone just a little stronger,, a little prettier.. a little faster right around the corner.. and the "hot" women you propose to meet also know this.. and would be happy to drop you in a second for the next man.

My read on Oregon women is that they are interested in the same thing most well grounded women are interested in, (Southern California being an exception).

They probably would like to meet someone who is not self-absorbed, self-centered, perhaps someone who does NOT fancy himself as a pretty boy, even if he "is", (for you will find a mirror and a hairbrush lacking in most of the beautiful wilderness areas of Oregon).

I have noted that in places like Eugene there are quite a few women who are more concerned with the environment and social justice than the hair on their legs.. and as such couldn't care less how "nice" someone looks.. these woman are more motivated with the grey matter between the ears of another person than what someone looks like... even if that person a fine specimen of a homosapien, who is a "cut" above the rest.

What women are interested in, Sir, is a man of integrity and honesty, of maturity and steadiness... one who is perhaps interested in others, especially the person he would like to meet. This implies compromise and effort. Perhaps a man who volunteers for cause greater than himself to benefit his community.The amount of effort you put into someone else rather than your own vanity will assist you in receiving all the mysteries of the universe you seek. I am giving you the benefits of my personal experiences Sir, trust me, they are the fast track to a woman of substance. I know.. I married one. She is a slender goddess,, smart beyond belief, honorable, naturally sensuous. She couldn't care less about what you look like. She is MORE representative of Oregon women than the shallow dim witted Barbie doll that might find you appealing. But.. you might get lucky... after all you you said you look like Keith Richards. Forgive me Sir, I profess to being ignorant who he is.. the only Keith Richards public persona I know of is some skanky burned out rock star. But I do applaud you for saying you aren't perfect. I agree wholeheartedly.

If you are looking for women younger than you.. perhaps more superficial, might I respectfully suggest Southern California. I met 1000's of them there, who would be happy to know someone like you.... but for Oregon, Sir, I think you will be disappointed.. many women there either have a brain... or don't really care about someone who professes the attributes you find appealing...

Might I also respectfully suggest an English course, for when you meet the perfect "Hot" Oregon babe worth marrying... and if she ends up being superficial as well, she might not like it if her mate cannot form a sentence or spell words correctly... it smacks of the local toothless wonder, redneck country hick males that ALSO live in areas of Oregon... which are your competition.. but I'm sure you have that covered.

Of course this is just my opinion.. and it is just the internet.

Good luck, Sir.

Last edited by notmeofficer; 06-30-2007 at 06:05 PM..

Old 06-30-2007, 09:34 PM

Excellent advice, notmeofficer...and nicely put, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area