Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 11:00 AM

1 posts, read 19,998 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know about birthday freebies in the Eugene/Springfield area? I know that you get a free pizzookie at BJ's on Coburg road on your birthday.... anybody add to that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 03:48 PM

57 posts, read 168,230 times
Cornucopia has a free birthday entrée... you have to sign up in person at the restaurant ahead of time, and they send you a coupon in the mail shortly before your birthday. It's good before the expiration date, and does not have to be used on your actual birthday.

Sushi Ya has $20 off your bill on your birthday, but I think you have to spend like $50 to get it, so it's not that great of a deal.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:06 AM

37 posts, read 109,806 times
Empire Buffet on Franklin gives you a free meal.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:30 AM

8,000 posts, read 17,328,019 times
Denny's may still have the free dinner also.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:46 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,042,133 times
Oh my gosh. So, my husband went to lunch with some work guys and somehow it got out that it was one of the other guy's birthday that day. They were at this little hole-in-the-wall Mexican place that's in a strip mall on W.11th - I think it's called Jalisco's.

So next thing they know, these people (I was gonna say Mexican's, because my husband said they were, but I don't want to sound offensive... but they were, so...anyway) they come out wearing sombrero's shaking maraca's and singing happy birthday in spanish... everybody got free desserts. They called them sopa pilla's but my husband said they were more like crispy tortilla's with dollops of Reddi Whip and a cinnamon caramel sort of sauce drizzled over the top.

Anyway... so if that's what you're looking for... try that place.

Side note: it was also my husband's birthday that day, but I guess since he didn't pay and he kept his mouth shut and because he never talks about anything that means anything with his work guys they never knew... so he escaped a free un-sung-to one year older man...

Old 06-04-2011, 11:25 PM

110 posts, read 310,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
Oh my gosh. So, my husband went to lunch with some work guys and somehow it got out that it was one of the other guy's birthday that day. They were at this little hole-in-the-wall Mexican place that's in a strip mall on W.11th - I think it's called Jalisco's.

So next thing they know, these people (I was gonna say Mexican's, because my husband said they were, but I don't want to sound offensive... but they were, so...anyway) they come out wearing sombrero's shaking maraca's and singing happy birthday in spanish... everybody got free desserts. They called them sopa pilla's but my husband said they were more like crispy tortilla's with dollops of Reddi Whip and a cinnamon caramel sort of sauce drizzled over the top.

Anyway... so if that's what you're looking for... try that place.

Side note: it was also my husband's birthday that day, but I guess since he didn't pay and he kept his mouth shut and because he never talks about anything that means anything with his work guys they never knew... so he escaped a free un-sung-to one year older man...

Funny story, I went to a Mexican restaurant in Texas and as I left to go to the bathroom my two friends told the waiter it was my birthday, it wasn't, and so when I arrived back at the table the same thing happened. Sopapillas are really goood!

Anyways.... are there any other freebees? I am moving up to Eugene in a couple of months and will be there by the time my friend that played the prank on me will be turning 19 and I would like to hook her up with a freebee for her, real, birthday. Any places that pie you in the face for your birthday in the Eugene area? That would be funny

Old 06-05-2011, 02:13 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,042,133 times
The only place I know about that's pies you in your face on your b-day in Ted's Bakery - but that's in Hawaii!

Have fun in Eugene!

Old 06-05-2011, 02:47 PM

110 posts, read 310,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
The only place I know about that's pies you in your face on your b-day in Ted's Bakery - but that's in Hawaii!

Have fun in Eugene!
There's a place here in Austin, maybe I should just buy a pie myself and pie her. Thanks

Old 02-14-2013, 02:47 PM

1 posts, read 15,389 times
The Rogue Brewery pub at 844 Olive Street will give you a free t-shirt (with their advertising on it, natch, but the last one I saw didn't look too bad) and a free beer.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:53 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,328,019 times
I just got an E-Mail from Sherry's offering Birthday Freebies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area