Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2007, 09:47 PM

9 posts, read 32,427 times

Advertisements

We're moving to Eugene in a few weeks and need to buy a house. I'd like to send my kid to the best public elementary school in town. Aside from the immersion schools, the S&P School Matters website shows that Crest Drive, Willagillespie, Edison, Ellis Parker, and Edgewood are schools where at least 90% of the kids are testing at or above their grade levels in reading and math in the third grade. Although I have not toured these schools, I did drive past Crest Drive while meeting with the realtor, and it was one of the most depressing-looking elementary schools I have ever seen. Now I'm curious about how a school with such outstanding test scores can look like that from the outside, considering the high level of parent involvement that must be going on there.

Can anyone please provide some insight into the "personality" at these schools and name other outstanding schools in Eugene? We intend to buy a house in a neighborhood where our child can ride the bus to one of these schools rather than us driving back and forth all day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
View detailed profiles of: