Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 06:25 PM

358 posts, read 470,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinseattle View Post
Dude
LOL are you referring to me?

Quote:
I am not the one who is claiming the hobo zoo is going to rise up and steal everyone's bikes.
No, and neither is anyone else. I posted a few articles to help anyone reading the thread become better informed. Do I believe Eugene is a crime ridden mecca? No, but it does happen, and for some of us it is wise to be aware of the possibility.

Quote:
It's a college town, there's some bike theft, and there is some interhobo violence, ok, but the biggest danger you face in Eugene is that someone is going to cause an accident by failing to signal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haley James View Post
As someone living and working in the area I disagree. A current article...

Two armed robberies join series of heists in Eugene this month

In addition the men convicted of murder/manslaughter in two of the cases of(interhobo violence using your terminology)were not homeless. The third I have yet to look up.

Judge finds men guilty of murdering homeless man in Skinner Butte Park | Local & Regional News for Eugene, Springfield Oregon | Eugene News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KVAL CBS 13

Eugene resident faces charges after death of homeless man | Main News | The Register-Guard | Eugene, Oregon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 11:32 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,042,133 times
The "hobo zoo"... that's great!

Yes and over by Sweet Life I always see this one guy spare changing and he has not only a $169. North Face backpack (I know because my son's friend has the same one and I looked it up because it's a very cool backpack...) but also a $279.00 Burberry umbrella! I am not joking. I took a photo and sent it to my aunt who does high-end estate sales for very welathy people... it's her job to know or find out the value of expensive things... and she confirmed it for me. He was also wearing $200 Merrell shoes. lol

Yep - I've never seen hobo's like the hobo's in the PNW. Seattle is very similar there as well, only their hobo's are not as clean - or beloved by the locals...

Old 10-17-2011, 08:51 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,425,820 times
you people are ridiculous.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:03 PM

122 posts, read 318,160 times
Yes, we are, WE LIVE IN EUGENE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area