Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 05:30 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,330,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loloroj View Post
Sundance Market, Red Barn Market, and the best dive bar in Oregon, Tiny Tavern. What sucks are the thousands of teenagers who make up the U of O. Sorry, can't get down with the overwhelming party vibe close to the school. And as nice as Eugene may be, Corvallis has a much nicer and more authentic downtown district.

And you don't think "The Tiny Tavern" is a party? Pot smoking local neuvo hippie hangout almost as bad as "Sam Bond's Garage". Come to think of it I took my last drink of Alcohol in that place. Also the Downtown District in Corvallis a block of Hwy 99 is nothing but "Party Time". The only difference is it is not as close to the School, but neither is the Downtown of Eugene either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 10:02 AM

919 posts, read 1,781,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
And you don't think "The Tiny Tavern" is a party? Pot smoking local neuvo hippie hangout almost as bad as "Sam Bond's Garage". Come to think of it I took my last drink of Alcohol in that place. Also the Downtown District in Corvallis a block of Hwy 99 is nothing but "Party Time". The only difference is it is not as close to the School, but neither is the Downtown of Eugene either.
Yeah, but they don't have riots at Tiny Tavern. The LEO's don't have to pass out notices of how to have a safe party at Tiny's. And for the most part, there are never LEO's called out to Tiny's, the drunks know better than to get into some stupid drunken fight and have their probation revoked. The U of O students haven't yet learned how to drink or comport themselves when drunk. Sorry, give me a Tiny Tavern vet over some overfueled, roided frat boy and their empty headed sorority grab bags any day. Unlike the U of O students who then get into their overpriced cars to get back to wherever they live, the people of Tiny's pretty much stagger home, all ten of them. Whereas at U of O, you'll have hundreds of these drunken, boorish newbies wandering around the neighborhood. I lived in Whitaker and also in the University district, and Whitaker was quieter and far more reasonable and far less polluted, in terms of empty beer and alcohol bottles strewn in my front yard. Didn't get near that much in the Whit. And besides, Tiny's has some of the best dive bands in OR, Christy and McCallum play some of the finest Americana anywhere in OR.

Corvallis downtown district is far more authentic than Eugene's. Period. They haven't spent millions in failed renovation projects, all the business for the most part are local retailers, and the parking is free. And the partying at OSU is pretty much restricted to the campus neighborhood, not the bars in the downtown district. Far better vibe in that area. Also having graduated from OSU, it's an engineering and science school, U of O is liberal arts, whatever that means. After transferring from U of O, it was nice to find a more serious student, and a lot of older ones at OSU who had to work real hard to keep grades. Just a far different vibe at OSU....

Old 02-13-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Yeah, but they don't have riots at Tiny Tavern. The LEO's don't have to pass out notices of how to have a safe party at Tiny's. And for the most part, there are never LEO's called out to Tiny's

You must be new to "The Tiny Tavern".

And it is not Tiny's.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:32 PM

1,023 posts, read 1,551,521 times
Wow, reading through this thread, Eugene sounds like an awesome town. I definitely hope to visit someday, maybe even consider relocating (if the right opportunity popped up).

Old 02-13-2013, 08:16 PM

281 posts, read 712,809 times
I love the absurd number of bike shops, I can typically find anything I'm after locally.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:

And it is not Tiny's.
I go there all the time. Not once has an LEO been called. Like I said, the drunks are vets and on parole, they know better....

Old 02-14-2013, 10:34 AM

341 posts, read 708,401 times
Steelhead Brewing Company. Great beer. It's other two locations are in Burlingame Ca (the Bay area) and Irvine, Ca.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:

And it is not Tiny's.
By the way, since you think you know something, tell us the name of Tiny's bouncer?

Old 02-14-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
By the way, since you think you know something, tell us the name of Tiny's bouncer?
As I said, your new. There is no Tiny's. That place closed several years ago. And there is no Tiny either. I suspect I was going to the Jiny before you were born. It was one of the roughest spots in Eugene. It is still the closest Gin Mill to the Mission. Jeff and Val have kept the place alive by serving the Anarchist Whit with local music to their liking. Seems they have had it since around '94 or '95. But the Tavern was there long before that.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
As I said, your new. There is no Tiny's. That place closed several years ago. And there is no Tiny either. I suspect I was going to the Jiny before you were born. It was one of the roughest spots in Eugene. It is still the closest Gin Mill to the Mission. Jeff and Val have kept the place alive by serving the Anarchist Whit with local music to their liking. Seems they have had it since around '94 or '95. But the Tavern was there long before that.
I'm sorry but you're full of it. I asked you who was the bouncer at Tiny's, which is what we call Tiny Tavern. Now I'll ask you one more time, what is the name of the bouncer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area