U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2007, 08:58 AM

2,096 posts, read 8,514,108 times

Advertisements

So yesterday, i ended up having to drive from Coos Bay to Eugene to pick up my youngest daughter after her fun weekend w/grandparents. I was thinking about the board a good part of the way, and how some of the gloom and doomers go on and on about our crappy weather, and lack of seasons here in Western Oregon. I must say, i wish I had a video of my trip up Hwy38. It was spectacular!!! Blue skies so bright, not a cloud in sight. t-shirt and jeans weather, and its the first weekend of November! Yes, the majority of the trees were green, but the yellows, oranges, reds all mixed in, the contrast in colors was just breathtaking! I passed one tree, i swear it had to have had 20 different shades of orange in it. I took a break 1/2 way there, along the beautiful clear umpqua river and it was hard to get back in the car!!! The leaves were crispy, the air sharp, and the water was begging me to drop a fishing line! Looked like a Thomas Kincaide (sp?) painting. And it was soooo void of any "people" noise other than an occasional passing car. I mustve looked like an idiot, standing there, taking it all in, a big grin on my face. Thankfully, nobody saw me. (i hope! lol) I just thought about how thankful I am to live in a state of such incredible beauty!
And then, after my wonderful drive there and back, I get to look out over a unspoiled ocean beach view. One that mustve looked like this 500yrs ago, w/o a house in sight, seals playing in the bay, and seagulls crying across the sky. Evening time, i put on a light jacket and took a walk along the shore, clear skies, incredible sunset. and not a raindrop in sight.
anyhow, I just had to share. For all of those who believe Oregon is nothing but a huge mud puddle.
Tiffany
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 07:43 PM

1,848 posts, read 6,456,437 times
We've had some nice weather the last couple of days here on the coast. Colorful sunsets show up in the evening. I watched the news and they mentioned that the Eugene area had fog today. People often think of the coast as foggy but it gets out along I-5 sometimes. I didn't see any fog here today in the bay area.

I like to travel on highway 38 when I'm going over to Eugene. It so beautiful out there. I don't blame you for stoping along the way as I have done that too. The route follows the umpqua river for quite a while.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:10 PM

246 posts, read 1,010,169 times
Oooh, a mud puddle I can't WAIT to spash in!!! Thanks for that, Tiffela74!!!

Old 11-06-2007, 08:39 AM

32 posts, read 70,412 times
and that right there is why I'm moving to Oregon in four years or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area