U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2014, 07:58 PM

11 posts, read 12,096 times

Advertisements

HELLO: I just found a strange "weather prediction," online, a friend signaled me to.It says, because of the extreme weather and droughts,the future of California & the Pacific Northwest can be predicted now,ect, ect. I thought it was too guru-ish,and nonsense,but some of my friends think it's TRUE,ect, ect, sighI don't pay attention to things like this,but some fellow-Portlanders asked to to let everyone here read it.???Ho-hum.Sorry if it's an imposition. What do any of you make of this? Is this just a Con? thank you.--Tara

"DEAR EDITOR:

I am going to give you either a prediction of the near future or the far future. The government, federal, and state governments, have all been ignoring the fact of "global warming". And there are a lot of deniers also.

However, it's happening anyway. You can look at California, Oregon, and Washington state, and see all the horrible droughts. – And getting faster and faster at changing, also. So I'm going to predict to you what's going to happen. Since all these governments are ignoring what's going on, California is almost in a state of emergency because of lack of water and rain, and it could possibly hit Oregon also.the forest fires alone, have become a catastrophe, in California and Oregon and Washington, filling the air with smoke and making everyone sick. And burning down all our forests. This will probably happen even worse next summer.(no, it's not going to turn around and suddenly get better.)

Now, you're saying, what's going to happen next? Where is California going to get their water from, just to drink, just to stay alive? The answer to that is: they don't know. The government federal is doing their best to ignore the whole situation hoping it will go away and get stuck on the next White House inhabitant. And it might.

However it's happening very very fast. I happen to know that a lot of people in California are very scared at this time. Global warming, and severe droughts, in many states like this, are only going to get worse. Not going to stop.

Nor, can it BE STOPPED. It is too late to stop it. You cannot just stop and go with nature and weather.sooner or later, the states will all ask for emergency help from the federal government; they won't get it. It will be the same as Hurricane Katrina. they will either not give any help, or it will come so late that a lot of people will die, or have to leave their states and homes.

The federal government could call out the National Guard; but, will they? President Obama does not like to do presidential acts or take any responsibility. The military heads in the government might have to declare a disaster and take over. That would bring us under martial law. That's entirely possible. However, I can also predict that Obama won't know what to do, and they might either assassinate him or just shove him out of the way. The military can do that.when it's a case of much of the United States being in danger, they could legally do it.

Now, you have to imagine that many of the states have such catastrophic weather, such as the Pacific Northwest and California, that people can't survive without getting any water or rain help. If they don't get any help at all from the federal government this could very well happen: everybody who owes responsibilities to the federal government, or even the states, will stop doing it. Some of them will do it voluntarily, some of them won't be able to avoid doing it. What I mean is, not paying taxes, not paying income taxes, not paying fees, or violations, not declaring their income, and not obeying federal and state laws anymore. The laws and rules of the government and the state will go right down the drain.

Reciprocity of course works both ways; if the government refuses to help its citizens in severe times of emergency, the citizens will stop regarding the federal government or even states, as their government and leaders. They will all try to watch out for each other and themselves. All the cults of religion, or cults of high financial billionaires, will all get together to protect themselves. For example, the Mormons, and various Jewish cults,and other "survivalist" cults that already have gotten together. There are a few of them even in Oregon. All these groups are going to start looking out for their own members.

That leaves out a majority of the people in the United States California is a very big state, with a lot of food productivity responsibility..if they don't have water, how can they farm? Ditto for Oregon, our farming is already being limited by water and rain. I don't know about Washington, but I suspect very much the same. At least three food producing states like this, and very likely others who can't do it, will stop feeding people in the United States. Where will they get the food? The military would have to haul out government food that they have, and they would have to do something about the WATER..

Now, if the military does not proclaim martial law, then the population that has no food or water will be even more desperate. And the above, of deciding to completely ignore the federal government, and its rules and laws, and maybe even the states, will happen. If there's no water and food help, directly from the military, all these people will be on their own. It's called "chaos".of course lots of crime, criminals, and huge amounts of criminal and desperate activities will be going on. Even ordinary people will get that way.very likely, a great deal of people who live in California, will LEAVE the state. WHERE they will go, is not certain, because at least several of the states have these major droughts now. Texas does not look good.

I can leave you to imagine what the lack of food and water, will do to millions of desperate people; like I said above, they will stop obeying all laws, particularly federal, and they will stop paying taxes or obeying any federal laws anymore. You would have to get out a severe militia, to make them just pay their taxes. And they might not even have the money. I don't know what's going to happen to the billionaires, they have their own club they could easily get out of this, and just go to place outside the US,, or a place in the country that still has a lot of water. Michigan apparently is doing okay with that and it's a very empty state.

My bet is that the federal government, will continue to ignore the whole thing. The answer is, because they are rotten leaders. And they are rotten people. They only care about themselves. So they're not going to do anything, unless the military does it. Even the Pentagon is still connected to the people, and that's why I give my bit about martial law. Of course it might come out differently, and nobody will do anything to help the people of the United States. They haven't yet.

another thing that could happen, is that the federal government itself could be overthrown, either by the Pentagon, or by another uprising, political group, who are very violent and active. This also is entirely possible..why? Because I don't know what other underground political groups, are planning for this. They are not telling me. I don't even know if they exist. And also we have to think about other countries, who will be affected by us, including the Chinese, who are planning on coming over here to live, in hordes or already are,they definitely do not want to get stuck in anarchy, with desperate Americans who don't have any water or food. They also could, become active and take over the federal government, themselves (like they haven't already done it in secret?) And bring order to the country. But they probably won't help all those millions of people, they also could bring martial law.and when they bring martial law, it's a lot more severe than any form our Pentagon could take. They do it in China, they will do it over here.

Whichever of these possibilities happens, there is still a big probability ratio, that one of them or something like them, will occur in the future. We do know that global warming is upon us, and the danger of no water, and no food is looming greater and greater. And we're talking about huge populations, not just one state.I don't like to think about it myself.of course, we actually could even have some type of Civil War take over here; war between the military of the Pentagon, (if they can get any military over here) opposite, say, a foreign country that has its soldiers here. Or it could be Civil War between United States factions. Or it could just be complete chaos.

You are supposed to be journalists, you probably have already thought a lot about this. Or, you're like the federal government, you've just been ignoring the idea. The idea itself isn't going to stop just because you ignore it, or because the federal government ignores it. It's going to happen anyway. Some type of scenario, similar to one of these is going to happen.but global warming, or what ever it is that's making this faster and faster weather extremes, is not going to be stopped by anyone, or anything. We know that it's true, we can see "

(That's it; I don't know if that was ALL of it,my copy my friend gave me,was messed up.It sounds like a letter to magazine or newspaper,or online sight,)??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 10:33 AM

4,761 posts, read 12,865,889 times
When people talk about "drought" in the Pacific Northwest, I chuckle!

Note there are always flowing rivers near where these people are living (not to mention the ocean which has plenty of water which can be desalinized if absolutely necessary)...

They need to go to somewhere like Arizona where the rivers are bone dry - not a drop - to see what a real drought it!

Old 09-22-2014, 12:43 PM

4,060 posts, read 5,020,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_J View Post
When people talk about "drought" in the Pacific Northwest, I chuckle!

Note there are always flowing rivers near where these people are living (not to mention the ocean which has plenty of water which can be desalinized if absolutely necessary)...

They need to go to somewhere like Arizona where the rivers are bone dry - not a drop - to see what a real drought it!
Desalinization ain't cheap - facilities that recycle waste water are more likely. Here, Drink A Nice Glass Of Sparkling Clear Wastewater : NPR

Drought hasn't affected the northern half of the state much, but it's certainly an issue in the southern part. We may not be as far along as other western states, but the battles over water rights and access are a sign of what's to come if the precipitation doesn't come back.

Old 09-22-2014, 03:25 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,671,437 times
Well, lets hope we have a long, long, soggy, wet, rainy winter.

The article above just sounds like survivalist scare stuff though.

I think the riots will start once the western drought causes ground beef prices to reach 10+ bucks a pound.

I remember years ago, there was talk about building an huge water pipeline from the Columbia river down to southern California.
Maybe that will come up again.

Old 09-22-2014, 06:15 PM

181 posts, read 541,907 times
Thats a lot of crazy in one "prediction"

Now I may agree that climate change is happening- however no model shows it becoming catastrophic that quickly. Most of the stuff I have read states that the PNW will be less impacted by climate change then other areas. my real question is once they run out of water in CA/AZ/NV where will those people go?

The place that still has water.

Realisticly there is a lot that could be done to prevent major water issues: making farming irrigation more efficent, reducing water loss through leakage and transpiration from canals, increasing efficency of water appliances in residential settings. What needs to happen for this to take effect is to allow water prices to rise to force market inovation. As long as the government keeps water prices artificially low there is no incentive to increase efficency.

Old 09-22-2014, 06:33 PM

546 posts, read 480,326 times
You can rest easy. Global Warming is a scam to make money. A good video to look at is the one put out recently by John Coleman, the founder of the Weather Channel. He does an excellent job of debunking this stuff, and unlike other "big media" types, he's about 80 years old, is at the close of his life, and he has nothing to gain by telling us anything but the truth as is verified through science.

These things go in cycles, sometimes 100's of years or more in length, and the weather we are seeing is only one of them. Just like diarrhea, this Global Warming stuff will pass!

Here's a short version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq3LS4BVSA0

Old 09-23-2014, 12:05 AM

198 posts, read 283,665 times
Do you want to see drought? Visit Texas. We've been dealing with it for many years now. You should have seen the long lines for the last few years at the cattle auction near where I live -- sellers, not buyers. The only reason there aren't any now is that the herds are gone. What manmade lakes there were have pretty much dried up, we've had year after year of WAY below normal rainfall and above-average temperatures, crops and grasses dried up and the ranchers couldn't afford feed. Why there is so much freaking fracking going on nearby, using up precious water, is beyond me, but I digress.

We had a huge problem with wildfires last year with millions of acres burned. We got just enough rain this summer to keep them at bay but we're still 6 inches below where we should be in my area. It's so, so windy and weird in this part of the state that severe dust storms (haboobs) aren't rare.

Oddly enough, I haven't seen such dire predictions as detailed in the OP made for Texas! Which makes me think it's some sort of ultra right wing Doomsday conspiracy theory type of thing. If there's a state that's in big trouble due to drought, water shortages, and such, I'd think it would be Texas. Shoot, a couple of towns down the highway from here are looking at plants to turn sewage water into drinking water -- that's how desperate it is! Plus, you've got tens of thousands of illegal immigrants pouring in from Latin America, and that's straining state resources.

So the PNW is going to collapse but not the Southwest? How strange!

I'm very much looking forward to coming to Oregon, btw.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:28 AM

4,761 posts, read 12,865,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
...Global Warming is a scam to make money...
And WHO is making money from this alleged "scam"? Please DO give us the names!

I think the reality is quite the opposite! Global warming will cost certain large corporations tons of money, so they have unleashed their bought and paid for politicians to preach to their flock of idiot sheep followers (right wing religious types who are not too smart and do as they are told) that this is all a scam. And these people have gone out into the world to say "No global warming is not True!"

(Luckily the U.S. is not the only country on earth!)

How about a fact? Did the "Northwest Passage" in fact open up? (Ice melted)
Read about that here...
Arctic Melt Opens Northwest Passage

Old 09-23-2014, 12:35 PM

2,989 posts, read 4,580,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_J View Post
And WHO is making money from this alleged "scam"? Please DO give us the names!

I think the reality is quite the opposite! Global warming will cost certain large corporations tons of money, so they have unleashed their bought and paid for politicians to preach to their flock of idiot sheep followers (right wing religious types who are not too smart and do as they are told) that this is all a scam. And these people have gone out into the world to say "No global warming is not True!"

(Luckily the U.S. is not the only country on earth!)

How about a fact? Did the "Northwest Passage" in fact open up? (Ice melted)
Read about that here...
Arctic Melt Opens Northwest Passage
You ask who is making money off of the Climate Change scare, here is just a few.

General Electric, Seimens, Mitsubishi, Sharp, Samsung, Panasonic, Phillips, Toshiba, Westinghouse, Toyota. “Solyndra”
Renewables: $243b invested in 2010.
Nuclear: valued at $217b in 2010
Solar PV market: $80b in 2010

GoldMan Sachs, JP Morgan, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Citigroup, Barclays Investment Bank, Société Générale (SCGLY), Morgan Stanley, Fortis Bank Nederland, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Westpa
Carbon Trading: $144b in 2010

Soros funded groups: Open Society Institute ($5b in assets), Energy Action Coalition, Green for all, Natural Resources Defence Council, Alliance for Green Protection, Friends of the Earth, Earth Island Institute, Tides Foundation.
Turner Foundation, Rockefeller Brothers Fund, Joyce Foundation, Blue Moon Fund, John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation

IPCC & other UN groups (WMO, UNEP, UNFCCC), Government Departments (NOAA, EPA, BOM, NASA, Hadley Met Centre, -Dept Climate Change, CSIRO, Dept of Conservation …)
Universities & Scientists – $79 Billion to the scare, $0 to skeptics

Greenpeace (US$300m), WWF ($710m), Sierra Club ($56m), Pew Charit. Trst. ($360m), Earth First, UCS, Conservation Foundation, Center for American Progress, Environmental Defenders Fund, MoveOn, GetUP
Most of these are donations, keep the public scared and they will had you their wallets.

This is just a small fraction of those who stand to gain monetarily from the Climate Change scare, some of those like Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan ect, are heavily invested into this and stand to lose a lot once this scam is exposed to what it really is.

Old 09-23-2014, 02:33 PM

181 posts, read 541,907 times
Hmm 97% of peer reviewed scientific papers support the idea of global climate change (although predictions vary on what that means)

Naw I will believe some guy posting a video on the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area