Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 10:40 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,044,034 times

Advertisements

I wanted to do a yellow sign that said "THANK YOU!!!" before we moved, but I got so caught up in the chaos of moving out of state that I ran out of time. I would love to find the person/people who do the signs and just give them a huge hug. They are so wonderful! We were in Eugene for a magical three years, and we saw all kinds of different ones sprouting up mysteriously and in all kinds of weather and in all kinds of different places. It is fantastic. I am hoping we can move back to the area soon, and I am really hoping that the signmaker is still spreading the joy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 02:24 PM

113 posts, read 396,676 times
My house closed yesterday!!!!!! were moving to Eugene!!!!! MY wife is Vietnamese and I'm happy to see some asian stores in the town, we dont have one here so she will be in heaven were driving up tomorrow and going to stay in a hotel till we find a place to buy, then flying back to drive trucks up... WOO HOO!!!!!!

Old 01-16-2008, 02:30 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,046,149 times
YYEeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrads!!!! Im so excited for you! Youre on your way to an excellent new adventure, new friends, and a whole new place to explore!
be safe on your drive! Its been mighty cold lately and we've had ice about!
btw, my MIL and SIL are Vietnamese, or were, they are both American citizens, but we're sure thankful for their heritage! My SIL got married this last summer and we were treated to a full traditional Vietnamese ceramony. It was incredibly beautiful, and the food....oohhhhhh boy!
Congrads again on your more here! Cant wait to hear about how it all goes!
Tiffany

Old 01-29-2008, 01:23 PM

113 posts, read 396,676 times
we went to check it out and we think its great the problem were having is no one wants to rent to us as we will be unemployed upon arrival. I tell everyone I can pay the whole 6 months rent up front and they still say no. Pretty difficult to relocate when this is the situation. the deal is we want to rent first before we buy our next home so we can have pleanty of time to check everything out first hand, if anyone can help, thanks! looking to be over there by end of febuary.

Mike.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:42 AM

Hey Mike - did you guys find a place and get settled in? How are things going?

We are moving back to Eugene in 8 days... Yay!!!

Old 04-08-2008, 11:59 AM

We are here!! I'm so happy to be back in Eugene. We're still unpacking boxes and I don't know where my camera is at the moment... but I saw TWO more happy yellow signs yesterday!!! Soon as I find my camera I'll take pictures and post them here. Yay!

I LOVE Eugene!!! The weather has been beautiful, too!! Sunny and blue skies during the afternoons... and chilly and rainy at night. I like that sort of weather because your days are gorgeous but your nights are snuggly. And you can still wear your comfy boots, jeans, and sweaters!

Old 04-10-2008, 03:14 PM

134 posts, read 525,606 times
congrats, you'll love it

Old 04-11-2008, 07:16 AM

5 posts, read 18,347 times
Default Eugene pics

Eugene has a long-standing tradition called the Saturday Market.

Kim Still has been keeping a pictorial history of the market for some time - enjoy!

Saturday Market Moments

Old 04-11-2008, 11:09 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,046,149 times
welcome home Haggardhouseelf! Im glad to hear youre getting happily settled.
Tiffany

Old 05-23-2008, 09:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,109 times
Dear Haggardhouseelf....welcome back to eugene..i just decided to google yellow signs in eugene and this website popped up with all your positive words about the signs. I am thrilled with the signs. Thanks for posting the pics too . This way the messages get out there even more...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area