Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2007, 11:23 PM

1 posts, read 6,014 times

Advertisements

Hello, Im from Lewiston,ID and me and my husabnd are thinking of moving to eugene in a year or soo. The question is that i was wanting ot know is there is alot of equestrian jobs around there at all and if there is a small town outside of eugene? If soo I would love to know the towns name. I am a country girl and hate living in the city walls.....lol. Um if any of you Oregonians have any responses that would be great. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 01:10 AM

32 posts, read 169,772 times
I lived in Corvallis (just north of Eugene) and there was an abundance of horses around the edges of town. I would frequently go trail running and encounter a horse and rider. Also, there is a posse associated with the Sheriff's Department Search and Rescue group. Finally, Oregon State University has a large veterinary program and works with horses.

Eugene is a city, but is surrounded on all sides by country

Old 09-10-2007, 08:58 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,045,187 times
cottage grove too might be worth looking into. Theres a couple different towns to chose from. What about Albany? How far from Eugene are you willing and how small do you want to go?
Tiff

Old 09-14-2007, 05:17 PM

174 posts, read 940,372 times
You've been given good thoughts on towns. As for equestrian jobs, the Eugene to Corvallis area would probably be your best bet.

Old 09-24-2007, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 5,820 times
Default Country Properties

Hello there. I saw your post on here and thought maybe I could help out. There is a lot of beautiful country land surrounding Eugene (within 10-15 minutes) you could live in Veneta or Junction City. Others a bit further out are Cottage Grove and Creswell. I am a member of a real estate team that specializes in horse and country properties so feel free to contact me if you need any help looking for a new home in the country in the surrounding area. You can check out our link at [urlmod cut[/url]. Good luck and let us know if we can help!

Last edited by Waterlily; 09-24-2007 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: no realtor ads

Old 01-04-2008, 10:16 AM

2 posts, read 10,406 times
DON'T move to Veneta - the big developer/city administration click is ruining this town!!! Everywhere you look another lot has been subdivided into numerous tiny parcels with very large houses going up! The city regulations regarding house to lot size seem only to apply to regular people building a family home and not to the developers! Not many horses left in the town proper, they are rezoning the horses out of existance. There are still quite a few horse properties outside of the town limits though. If you do find somethng you want in Veneta be sure to check with all the neighbors for the newest information you can get as to what the City Administrators are up to. ASK about sidewalk, sewer and drainage upgrades being planned! These will cost new buyers BIG MONEY!!! The information is NOT freely given out by the city! Bolton Hill Rd and Bolton Rd are places to stay away from due to the newest City Council approved upgrades. These homeowners are all but being run out of their homes with the special assessment being levied against them for these updrades. Remember do your homework and talk to the townspeople where you decide to buy - BEFORE you make any offer on a home or property. It could save you a lot of heartache and money.

Last edited by White Litening; 01-04-2008 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-04-2008, 12:39 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Litening View Post
DON'T move to Veneta - the big developer/city administration click is ruining this town!!! Everywhere you look another lot has been subdivided into numerous tiny parcels with very large houses going up! The city regulations regarding house to lot size seem only to apply to regular people building a family home and not to the developers! Not many horses left in the town proper, they are rezoning the horses out of existance. There are still quite a few horse properties outside of the town limits though. If you do find somethng you want in Veneta be sure to check with all the neighbors for the newest information you can get as to what the City Administrators are up to. ASK about sidewalk, sewer and drainage upgrades being planned! These will cost new buyers BIG MONEY!!! The information is NOT freely given out by the city! Bolton Hill Rd and Bolton Rd are places to stay away from due to the newest City Council approved upgrades. These homeowners are all but being run out of their homes with the special assessment being levied against them for these updrades. Remember do your homework and talk to the townspeople where you decide to buy - BEFORE you make any offer on a home or property. It could save you a lot of heartache and money.
so sad, back in the days at the u of o veneta was the cheap trip for camping, jeez, progress

Old 01-04-2008, 11:09 PM

24 posts, read 79,856 times
Default Towns around Eugene (30 minutes out)

North of Eugene from West to East: Junction City, Coburg, Harrisburg, Brownsville (farthest North)
West of Eugene/Springfield: Marcola, Walterville, Fall Creek, Leaburg, McKenzie Bridge, Blue River
South of Eugene from East to West: Jasper, Lowell, Pleasant Hill, Creswell, Goshen, Westfir, Oakridge, Cottage Grove (farthest South)
West of Eugene: Lorane, Crow, Veneta, Elmira, Noti, Walton (farthest west)

If I were buying country property I would buy in Pleasant Hill/Creswell area or in west Eugene but still in the Eugene 4J School District. Really beautiful, rolling hills, peaceful countryside.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:39 PM

11 posts, read 41,838 times
Default Hi, would like to move from Florida to Eugene, OR

I am a young senior and have been doing research on Eugene, OR and I have a couple of questions.... What is the air quality and water quality like? I am so tired of drinking bottled water! Fortunately, our air quality is pretty good here - just tired of the heat and hurricanes, among other things. I will miss the water, but am looking forward to the beauty and greenery of Oregon.
I do not have a car and see that your city has a great bus system. Is there a way to get over to the coast now and then by bus?

One other thing, I am living on social security (you young folks save for the future cuz it gets here alot quicker than you think - sermon over). Anyway, so I need to live in one of the HUD-subsidized apt. bldgs. There are several listed - does anyone know about any of these neighborhoods?

Country Club Manor, Cal Young Rd., Hawthorne Park at 3400 Hawthorne Dr., Kingsley Court at 1755 Kingsley Rd. Olive Plaza at 1133 Oliver St., Ya Po Ah on Pearl Street?

I'm a non-smoker - is Oregon a pretty good place to live for that reason?

I'm in to all kinds of things - the outdoors, arts, festivals, music, the libraries, concerts, you name it. So I am not a square. I believe I would make a good citizen even though I have to live in a HUD bldg.

Thank you, Diana
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area