Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2008, 10:49 PM

101 posts, read 606,925 times

Advertisements

I am planning on checking Eugene on my way through Oregon at the end of the month and I was wondering if there are any campgrounds in the vicinity? I am going to be in Eugene for two days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 04:32 PM

480 posts, read 2,460,204 times
Here's a list of some of the campgrounds in the Cottage Grove and Eugene areas:

Bay, Bedrock, Big Pool, Broken Bowl, Cascara-Fall Creek State Recreation Site, Cedar Creek, Dolly Varden, Pine Meadows, Primitive, Puma, Richardson County Park, Rujada, Schwartz, Sharps Creek Recreation Area, and Winberry.

You can get information about campgrounds in the Willamette National Forest at US Forest Service - Caring for the land and serving people. and in Lane County at Lane County, Oregon and Eugene, Lane County, and Oregon Coast Visitor Information (this last one has under Lodging and then RVP Parks/Campgrounds, a description of camp sites in Lane County, but keep in mind that Lane County stretches from the Cascades to the Coast so many are not really that close to Eugene

Eugene Kamping World is just north of Eugene in Coburg. I think it is going to be the closest to Eugene

Old 06-02-2008, 11:00 PM

101 posts, read 606,925 times
Thanks. Hmm doesn't look like I'll be having much luck. Eugene Kamping World is an RV park, not my type of spot. Maybe I'll have to get a cheap hotel instead for my time in Eugene.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:25 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,001,759 times
There is a campground on hwy 126 towards (or perhaps past?) Veneta... I've never stayed there... it is by Fern Ridge Lake? I have driven through and seen tent campers as well as RV campers.... I will look for the name...

There are lots of campsites along hwy 58 towards Oakridge. It's not a very far drive from Eugene - and it's a beautiful drive.

Also there is a KOA campsite with tent, RV, and cabins a bit north of Eugene... it's called the Albany/Corvallis KOA... you can find info at the KOA website.

Also check out reserveamerica.com ... they will show you State, Federal, and private campsites in the area.

Summer is busy... often you will not be able to reserve campsites ahead of time, but if you show up and find a campground host there will be a site available as people cancel their reservations last minute or leave to go home early.

The coast, too, is not a bad drive... it's only about an hour to the coast from Eugene via hwy 126. Also, Lake Waldo usually has campsite available and it's a beautiful and not to long a drive, either.

Check with BLM land - I have heard you may camp for free on BLM lands. (Bureau of Land Management)

Good luck!

Old 06-03-2008, 09:28 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,001,759 times
Corps Lakes Gateway: Oregon - Fern Ridge Lake

It's called Richardson Campground... the campground at Fern Ridge Lake. That might be the closest camping area to Eugene aside from BLM lands?

Also - there is something called the Oregon Country Fair... lots of people camp close to the area when that is going on... I found this on their website (places to stay) Oregon Country Fair - July 11-13, 2008 - Eugene Oregon

Old 06-17-2008, 04:49 PM

20 posts, read 91,957 times
If you are looking for a more rustic experience, i.e. no electricity or running water, there are a bunch of campgrounds outside of Cottage Grove in the old mining areas. They are very picturesque and about a 30-45 minute drive to Eugene.

If you are looking for someplace without hookups, but with a coin-op shower try Dorena Lake, also known as Baker Bay. No reservations accepted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area