U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2008, 07:31 PM

23 posts, read 134,363 times

Advertisements

Hi there! I've posted a longer version of this over on the Oregon Board . My husband and I plan to stay 2 nights in Eugene at the end of the month. This is an exploritory visit as we are thinking of relocating. Does anyone have a suggestion of where to stay ( that is not over $150 a night) I would like to stay somewhere that would give us a real flavor of living in Eugene. Also where should we eat and what should we not miss in Eugene, We will be there on a Saturday so we will go to the Saturday Market and I think there is a Mushroom Festival when we will be there. Anyone every been to that?
Ok, here is a confession, i've been through Eugene before and thought its a cool place with lots to do, but not really a pretty town (please don't throw stuff at me .) I'm afraid my husband is going to find it too crowded. So I'm asking for your help. Please direct us to pretty and possibly quaint (don't laugh) areas, if they exist. Thanks in advance
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 03:43 AM

24 posts, read 76,136 times
Default Places to stay

Campbell House Inn is the best known B&B, and their site says they have rooms under $150 (though probably not many). Others are The Secret Garden and the Excelsior Inn, both near campus and with websites.

Eat dinner at Cafe Soriah at 13th and Lawrence, eat breakfast at the Glenwood at 13th and Alder.

A quick lunch snack is a Yumm Bowl at Cafe Yumm, 18th and Willamette, and then drive around College Hill, 18th south to about 25th, and Willamette West to about Washington.

Another nice drive is Fairmount Blvd. to Hendricks Park. Take Franklin East to R. on Villard, L. on about 15th until you run into Fairmount Blvd., Birch up past Spring (track fans will stop at Pre's Rock, where Steve Prefontaine died in 1975) to the Park.

If you stay at the Secret Garden (even if you don't) drive or walk that neighborhood: Between 18th and 24th, Alder and Agate. These are all older architectural neighborhoods, built from the 20s to the 40s.
they are also spendy, but fun to look at!

Have fun!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area