U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2008, 06:15 PM

2 posts, read 7,005 times

Advertisements

I lived for a short time in Eugene back in the late 70's. I have heard that it is now a big "city" and has really changed. I am curious about the employment there. My husband is a Medical Biller & I work in a print shop. How are the typical wages for these and the availability??? Also we are looking for a retirement area of NICE mobile parks for 55+. (But not a fancy gated community w/ "way too many rules"!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 12:32 PM

480 posts, read 2,330,127 times
Eugene is of course much larger than it was in the 1970s! I don't know about the specific jobs you're interested in, but Salary.com indicates that a medical billing clerk makes about $30k (mid-range) in Eugene. My aunt and uncle sold their Eugene home many, many years ago and moved into a mobile home park that had just opened back then, called Lakewood Park, on the north end of Eugene off of Highway 99. The surrounding area is pretty industrial, but the park itself is well maintained, most people have nice flower gardens, and all of the units are well maintained. The people are very friendly and range in age from mid 50s to my aunt and uncle's ages, now in their early 90s. There is a gate, but it's always open when I visit.

Conveniently Located with Ease of Access to all of Eugene

Old 10-13-2008, 01:40 PM

6,061 posts, read 14,072,307 times
Falcon Wood Village - ELS - Retirement Communities & Homes - The Retirement Net

I live right around the corner from Falconwood Village, a 55+ mobile home community. My husband and I have often wished that we were 55 or older so that we could buy a place there. It's a sweet little place in a good part of town and right on the water. I think there are even paddleboats - we see people out on the water all the time and we see little docks and things. It's a good location - walking distance to anything you could need (a really good grocery store, bank, post office, etc...) and a short drive from everything else. It's also right on the LTD bus line. You are also right down the street from the awesome riverpath bike trail! That's one of our favorite things about living here!

Anyway - we've only had the pleasure of acquainting ourselves with Eugene since about 2004, so I can't really comment on the differences between how the town is now and how it was in the 70's... though I can say that I am from a big city (DFW) and my husband and I have lived in many other places - large and small cities - and Eugene feels to us to be the perfect size. Not too big, not too small. This is really one of the main reasons we are choosing to raise our children here. We lived here once, moved away, and realized we had made a big mistake. We are happy to be back!

Old 10-14-2008, 11:41 PM

2 posts, read 7,005 times
Thank you both for your information. It sounds as if the only thing that has really changed is the size, not the great people. The people are what I remember most about Eugene, how nice everyone was. till the same feel from reading most of the blogs. (with the exception of few who are probably not happy anyplace).

I will look into Falcon Village, sounds like an area we would enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area