U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2009, 01:21 PM

6 posts, read 37,692 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
Wish you all a very Happy and Prosperous New Year!
In my previous post I had requested safe areas to live in and around Eugene and thanks to your input I have been able to shortlist a few apartments that I would like to live in.
Heres a list of the apartments I have shortlisted:
1) Four Seasons Townhouses, 1280 W 15th Ave, Eugene
2) Heron Club, 2050 Good Pasture Island Rd. Eugene
3) Somerset Villas, 2800 Sunnyview Lane, Eugene
4) Parkside Apartments, 4075 Aerial Way, Eugene
5) River Terrace Apartments, 1150 Darlene Ln, Eugene

If any one has any information regarding these and any other apartments in the vicinity, in terms of safety and the neighborhood and quality, it would be realy helpful.
Thanks,
rock1206.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 03:14 PM

1,592 posts, read 3,126,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock1206 View Post
Hi Everyone,
1) Four Seasons Townhouses, 1280 W 15th Ave, Eugene
I live on the other side of the fairgrounds from this nieghborhood, and the area they are in is somewhat run down and trashy. It is also pretty quiet, so as far as safety goes you would probably be fine.

I personally wouldn't live in any of the other apartments on your list because they're all out in the sticks. There are plenty of safe and affordable places much closer in town.

What will you be coming to Eugene for?

Old 01-04-2009, 02:02 AM

6,061 posts, read 13,805,275 times
I am not a big fan of the larger apartment communities, so I personally wouldn't choose to live in any of those places. Also, a few of them are sort of known for loud college kids... if you're a college kid yourself, maybe you wouldn't mind?

On the Register Guard (http://www.registerguard.com/web/news/index.csp - broken link) (Eugene's newspaper) website, there is a Eugene Police Call Map. It is updated every 15 minutes. You can use that map to get an idea of what sorts of calls Eugene police are getting around the areas where you are apartment hunting.

Have you checked out these apartments... Applewood Apartments :: Home they are super roomy, quiet, and in a very safe neighborhood and right off the bike trail and right across the street from a really good grocery store, a few banks, and lots of shopping...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area