Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2008, 06:20 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,442,690 times

Advertisements

I got into the University of Oregon and I would like opinions on the college from the locals. Also, any information about Eugene and what it's like to live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 01:52 AM

6,802 posts, read 9,003,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I got into the University of Oregon and I would like opinions on the college from the locals. Also, any information about Eugene and what it's like to live there.
I'd search the other threads, as there is a lot of information here. Eugene is a nice place, but be prepared for a lot of rain and some cloudy skies. However, when the sun comes out it's absolutely beautiful. It's a nice town, just be careful where you decide to live. There's not much serious crime in Eugene, but break-ins and theft around the university area can be a problem. If you are interested in a specific neighborhood I would post here and ask about it.

I had a classmate who rented around 13th & Ferry. That seemed like a decent area. I don't think she ever had a problem with theft.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:47 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,336,366 times
I used to go there many many moons ago...back then the big claim to fame was Animal House was filmed there...LOL. I went back in late 60's and early 70's so I'm sure my info is way dated

Old 02-12-2009, 07:33 AM

31 posts, read 179,765 times
My wife works at the U of O, and we live in Eugene, we have 0 complaints so far, we have heard of the property theft around town but haven't been a part of it for the year we have lived here yet.

I would say the best part of Eugene is that you are in the center of everything, a quick drive to the coast, Portland, Washington, California and really a great place to live if you like getting out.

As far as the University I am told it's a great place to work, but I can't tell you how the classes are.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:38 PM

10,987 posts, read 20,482,815 times
ReturningWest... those were the days, I graduated in 62. My grandmother owned the house across the street from where the "Animal House" was filmed.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:08 AM

17,651 posts, read 13,492,946 times
I have responded to your posts on the Arizona/New Mexico forums. I have spent a lot of time in Eugene and I would say that Eugene is the best "college town" in the Pac 10. It is not too small and not too large. The University is the same. Not to big or small. One thing I liked about Eugene ironically is that it wasn't very far from Oregon State. It was fun to go hang around up there occasionally.

The campus, town and area are beautiful but as stated, the winters are wet and droll. Almost the opposite of UofA and NMSU. I would probably say that Eugene is a better place than either of the other two based on the quality of the community.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:45 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,336,366 times
Quote:
those were the days, I graduated in 62. My grandmother owned the house across the street from where the "Animal House" was filmed.
OHHH wern't they the days Did you get to visit gran while they were filming?

I graduated in '68 I spent a lot of time around Eugene area ...ummm anyone every go to Ken Kesey's farm

Ok I could get myself in some real trouble here trying to reminisce... might have an acid flashback or sumpin'

Old 02-21-2009, 01:51 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,442,690 times
Thanks for the replies but I've heard from some other colleges and I won't be going to Eugene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area