U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2009, 05:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,968 times

Advertisements

Hi! My fiance and myself are looking to move to the Eugene area to finish our degrees, and we could use some advice from folks familiar with the area. We're looking for a neighborhood to move to that is quiet but won't break the bank with rent. I've also been burned by a slumlord experience in the past, so any advice on notorious Eugene area apartment complexes would be greatly appreciated. We're both full-time students with full-time student incomes and a complete lack of familiarity with the area, so we definitely run the risk of landing ourselves in the worst area of Eugene!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 11:18 AM

10,665 posts, read 18,057,152 times
Have you contacted the U about housing/apartments? Maybe they have a forum or blog for student housing.

I have a nephew who is living in a house owned by another student's parents. The accommodations are, from what I can see, student basic. Hard to draw a line between that and slumlord.

The good apartments are sort of passed along by students. When a friend plans to leave they let their circle know so that they can contact the landlord. Landlords are happy because they have few vacancies.

Find accommodations within cycling distance to your classes.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:44 AM

11 posts, read 37,057 times
Eugene police call log (beta) | The Register-Guard
Research the Police call log.

I would recommend the Far West Neighborhood around Chambers and West 18th as it is in town close to amenities, reasonable, relatively safe, away from the campus party scene, 3 miles from campus and on the bus route.
I can recommend Chinook Property Mgt,
Property management by Chinook, Eugene, Oregon

as they keep their properties in reasonable shape.
From the police log it seems most crime occurs near the campus, downtown area and the whiteacre neighborhood. Just my observations from the log.
Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
View detailed profiles of: