U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2009, 04:36 PM

3 posts, read 8,584 times

Advertisements

Can anyone suggest an independent Bible teaching church in Eugene? Looking for a church that is serious about teaching the entire Word in a gentle, kind manner. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 12:05 PM

3 posts, read 8,584 times
No suggestions? Looks like the Christian community in Eugene is not exactly on fire. . .

Old 03-13-2009, 05:46 AM

2,317 posts, read 7,190,107 times
Sorry musicmom... Oregon's a very unchurched place! I myself fall in that category too, so I have no recommendations for a specific church, but I would recommend just looking up some churches in the area. Then I'd probably either go to a few services and talk with church members or call up the pastor until you find a church that feels right to you. And I'm sure you will know it when you find it!

Good luck and best wishes!

Old 03-13-2009, 06:54 AM

1 posts, read 2,486 times
I found a church in the williamette valley that people drive a hours to attend....it is called Evergreen...It meets your description of a gentle and kind manner ......it is growing by leaps and bounds....it has families and men and young people.....it is located on the corner of D and Cottage......we have a community concert every Friday this month to reach out to the town.....pastor's number is: 503-371-1177....church/home 503-585-7161

I was not raised in this denomination....many of us do not even agree on the pastor's (some points) he tolerates our differences of opinion and we are blessed with his teaching each Lord Day. Might want to check out some of his sermons at the Evergreen Church's website.......he doesn't preach on himself, his opinion, or others......he can take, and does, the most obscure passages and finds Christ in them....right now my family is suffering and we could not ask to be in a more loving church. It is a fairly new church but we are buying a old German Baptist Building and the parsonage next door.

Melisa lua

Old 03-14-2009, 02:26 PM

6,061 posts, read 13,798,652 times
Religion is respected and represented here. I think it's just that the churches are more low-key and quiet. I'm from Texas where people are way out in the open and even - in my opinion - too "in your face" with their views. I find that type of environment oppressive. I really like how, at least in Eugene where we live, it's held tighter here, kept more private really. I never hear of people talking about their church or their church activities, even if you know that they are involved in a church somehow. I think there is a large Christian presence here but they aren't as loud about it. So - just keep looking, you'll find your place. There are some very large churches around, one in Eugene that has recently been losing members because of it's too-large size. There are lots of smaller churches, but it seems you sort of have to know someone to be invited to them. We are not a member of any church, otherwise I'd have invited you. Anyway - I wish you luck!

Old 03-14-2009, 02:30 PM

6,061 posts, read 13,798,652 times
I also wanted to add that there are also some christian schools in the area, here is a link to one: Home | Eugene Christian School Perhaps by contacting them you could find something? There is also a Catholic high school... Welcome to Marist Catholic High School - Eugene, Oregon

Old 03-14-2009, 07:35 PM

160 posts, read 591,504 times
Eugene Christian Fellowship, Faith Center, Willamette Christian Center are a few to check out. These are larger churches, there are smaller churches also.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:52 PM

2 posts, read 7,113 times
I go to a wonderful church, and I would love for you to stop by and see if our church suits you.

Jubilee in West Eugene, we hold our services at the Willamette High School at 9am and 11am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area