U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2009, 02:03 PM

19 posts, read 88,364 times

Advertisements

Any one know about rentals in Eugene or the surrounding towns that arn't on Craigs list we need a minimum of 3 bedrooms 1.5 baths. But we prefer 4 bed 2 bath and for about $1000 or less. If you can give us a Phone # and Address and any other info that would be nice like a picture or 2.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 09:56 PM

6,061 posts, read 13,803,319 times
You might try Springfield area for that size at that price. I'm not sure you'll be able to find a 3+ bedroom home to rent in Eugene for $1000 or under? Apartment maybe. Sorry I'm not much help. Here are some links that might help though...

http://classifieds.eugeneweekly.com/...CategoryID=576 Eugene Weekly classifieds / rentals

BELL REAL ESTATE, Eugene Property Rental Managment & Real Estate Sales Bell Realty has a lot of rentals available

Classified ads | The Register-Guard (http://classifieds.registerguard.com/classifieds/ - broken link) Register Guard classifieds

Eugene Rentals

Old 05-05-2009, 12:58 AM

1,592 posts, read 3,126,321 times
Yeah that might be tough. You can rent just as cheap in Eugene as in Springfield if you look in the right places.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:01 PM

231 posts, read 732,031 times
I rented a house in Eugene last year and looked around during the process quite a bit. I don't think you will be able to find anything in the South end of town or near the university for that price.

When I looked, 3 bedroom/2 bath houses were around $1100-1300 per month. Apartments maybe 10% less but many of those are pretty rundown. Eventually I settled on renting a house in the SW area of Eugene for $1350 per month. On top of that, I had to pay for all utilities (including trash, "storm water" something, electricity, phone, cable, internet, Netflix, Papa John's, etc). It really adds up fast!

Also, it depends on what your requirements are. For example, whether you want to live with a bunch of college kids re-enacting Animal House (which was actually filmed in Eugene). If you could live with 1 bath only, that would also open up some possibilities in your range (lots of the older houses only have one bath).

Other areas of town in the central area or the northern area are cheaper I think. Springfield probably even cheaper, but...you get what you pay for.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:37 PM

Ah I'll find something in or some where near Eugene. Maybe Corvalis or Cottage Grove or some where.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:19 PM

6,061 posts, read 13,803,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eugenified View Post
I rented a house in Eugene last year and looked around during the process quite a bit. I don't think you will be able to find anything in the South end of town or near the university for that price.

When I looked, 3 bedroom/2 bath houses were around $1100-1300 per month. Apartments maybe 10% less but many of those are pretty rundown. Eventually I settled on renting a house in the SW area of Eugene for $1350 per month. On top of that, I had to pay for all utilities (including trash, "storm water" something, electricity, phone, cable, internet, Netflix, Papa John's, etc). It really adds up fast!

Also, it depends on what your requirements are. For example, whether you want to live with a bunch of college kids re-enacting Animal House (which was actually filmed in Eugene). If you could live with 1 bath only, that would also open up some possibilities in your range (lots of the older houses only have one bath).

Other areas of town in the central area or the northern area are cheaper I think. Springfield probably even cheaper, but...you get what you pay for.
I'm glad we're not the only ones who came up with these sorts of prices... when I talk to other people about the cost of area rentals and I tell them these same prices that you quoted, they look at me like I'm crazy. But it's true. For a decent place in a decent area that is what you should expect to pay. Anything less and you're looking at either a bad area, or a run-down house, or an apartment. We are in a large 2 bedroom/2 bath apartment with a garage and small backyard area in a nice part of town near good schools and we pay $800/month plus utilities. Houses in our area, though, rent for $1200 and up. Since we're saving to buy our first house, we decided to rent the apartment instead of a house and save the extra few hundred dollars each month to put towards our future home.

I thought Animal House was filmed in Cottage Grove? Was that really Eugene?

And if you're looking for an apartment to rent - let me know. If I refer somebody I think we both get $50 or something.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:40 PM

231 posts, read 732,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
...I thought Animal House was filmed in Cottage Grove? Was that really Eugene?
Looks like only one small scene plus the final parade scene was filmed in Cottage Grove. The rest was filmed in Eugene at various houses and quite a few buildings on the UO campus.

Animal House Locations - ACME Animal House

Old 05-27-2009, 10:44 AM

How about rental out side of Eugene. I really cant go to far above $1000
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area