U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 04:20 PM

19 posts, read 88,383 times

Advertisements

What there is to do when every one else has all gone to bed. I want to know if theres a Goth scene in Eugene. Is there a good Metal scene. What about other music because there will be more then just me reading this. Where are the best bars at what do they have on tap or in bottles cuz I love a good beer and last but definitely not least where can I eat at say 12:00, 2:00 or even 24 hours a day besides Denny's.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 12:55 AM

1,592 posts, read 3,127,154 times
Eugene has a pretty good amount of metal shows. The McDonald theater gets the biggest name acts, mostly, but the WOW Hall gets some good obscure and local metal bands. The Samurai Duck bar also has lots of metal shows.
Goth, eh I dunno, I guess you could go to the LTD station and find a goth kid to ask.
My favorite late night food place is Muchas Gracias, a 24/7 fast food style mexican place. I go to the one by downtown, on like, 15th and willamette, and I know of one on Franklin bvd, too.
This city gets pretty quiet at night.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:07 PM

6,061 posts, read 13,807,076 times
I'm a boring 30-something mom. I've got the kids in bed by 8pm, then my husband and I park it on the couch in front of OPB for some nature shows or Masterpiece Theater or some other kind of boring old-people stuff. Or sometimes we'll play the Wii!

Seriously, though... I know there are things going on at night - check out the Eugene Weekly. Also - go to places like Sundance Natural Foods or the Red Barn and look on their community bulletin boards. There are always local things/ads/shows/events/whatever posted there.

Sundance Natural Foods - Welcome

Red Barn Natural Grocery, Eugene, OR - Local Green Reviews - SustainLane

Old 07-18-2009, 03:50 AM

31 posts, read 66,012 times
I'm also wondering about the local music scene. So there are some metal bands? How about psychedelic/jam rock? With so many hippies I would assume there would be some of that going on also.

Oh, do touring bands ever play Eugene or do they usually skip it and head straight for Portland?

Old 07-18-2009, 11:59 AM

Eugene gets great shows! Here's one that's coming up:
Faerieworlds 2009!

Old 07-18-2009, 12:01 PM

And I was really surprised that Queensryche came through recently!! I love them...

Old 07-18-2009, 04:30 PM

Faerieworlds does look interesting for sure. I'd go if I lived there no doubt.

I'm not a huge Queensryche fan but I did see them live once and it's cool to know that they played Eugene. I'm guessing Eugene folks commonly go to Portland for shows also. I live in Madison, WI and many bands skip us because Milwaukee and Chicago are less than 2 to 3 hours from here. I was just in Chicago for Pentagram last month. Getting back at 5 in the morning isn't fun but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:52 AM

2,317 posts, read 7,194,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
Faerieworlds does look interesting for sure. I'd go if I lived there no doubt.

I'm not a huge Queensryche fan but I did see them live once and it's cool to know that they played Eugene. I'm guessing Eugene folks commonly go to Portland for shows also. I live in Madison, WI and many bands skip us because Milwaukee and Chicago are less than 2 to 3 hours from here. I was just in Chicago for Pentagram last month. Getting back at 5 in the morning isn't fun but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Yeah, a lot of "big names" do pass over Eugene for Portland, and since Portland is less than 2 hours away a lot of Eugenians do go up there for shows. But still, Eugene really does have a great, vibrant music scene, especially for a city its size. One of the perks of being a college town.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdrifter View Post
Yeah, a lot of "big names" do pass over Eugene for Portland, and since Portland is less than 2 hours away a lot of Eugenians do go up there for shows. But still, Eugene really does have a great, vibrant music scene, especially for a city its size. One of the perks of being a college town.
Cool! Good to know.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:58 AM

1 posts, read 2,627 times
Default Metal Bands

We're shooting a public access show documenting the local music talent and have had quite a few metal bands come through. You can take a look at some of them

[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/MeetTheBandEugene?feature=mhee;[/url]

A lot of them play at the Black Forest & Lucky's as well as WOW Hall among other places. . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area