U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2007, 03:47 PM

644 posts, read 3,175,558 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I've been looking for apartment on Craigs List in Eugene, OR, but am having a heck of a time finding a place that will take dogs. I'm getting the feeling that it's a bit of a dog-unfriendly place. Does anyone else have a take on this?

I need a place to live! Lord, please get me out of Los Angeles.

Artie
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2007, 04:19 PM

7,785 posts, read 16,629,707 times
The local newspaper is the Register-Guard, and there a fair number of condo / townhouse / house /apartment rentals in there that say pets allowed.

Old 04-08-2007, 05:34 PM

644 posts, read 3,175,558 times
PNW,

I'm not seeing them. I'm seeing a lot of places that say silly things like "CAT OKAY WITH DEPOSIT." That's insane. A cat deposit? Have people lost their minds. I'm getting discouraged. I've looked at apts all over the place and I've never run into this many that don't allow pets. In austin, Texas, finding a place that allows pets is no problem.

Artie

Old 04-08-2007, 07:21 PM

177 posts, read 913,985 times
Try the local humane society's website. I think it's Greenhill humane society, they may have a link on their website to pet friendly apartments. The local Salem humane society does and it tells you if they take cats, dogs, weight limits and pet deposit amounts.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 10,278 times
Default Eugene is not dog friendly

Hi, I live here and have a dog (and cats) and it is really hard to find places that are pet friendly. They do exist, but are extremely difficult to find and are very expensive. I recently found a place that wanted a $500 pet deposit per pet. It's ridiculous. If you can find a place (that is decent enough to live in) it's definitly worth living here. Just hang on to it. This city is great, but not pet friendly.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:28 PM

1 posts, read 9,058 times
Default Eugene IS Dog Friendly

I had no problem finding an apt when I moved from Idaho to Eugene. I found a web site called [URL="http://www.themuddypuddle.com"]www.themuddypuddle.com[/URL] and it lists out all of the pet friendly apts in town. I have 2 large dogs and 2 cats. we were going to buy but with the recent economic downward turn, we were unable to. There were a few with overpriced pet fees but if you do your research you can find a good place that welcomes your pets. I am very suprised how much more pet friendly eugene is than any other place I've lived.

Stacey

Old 07-29-2015, 09:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,650 times
Default Eugene housing info

I know your post is old but my daughter is having the same issue. She just registered for classes as transfer student and we have looked for a dog-friendly place as well (65 lb sweet, older dog). Any advice or recommendations for her? She's quiet and not looking for that "party-type" college atmosphere.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:04 AM

400 posts, read 354,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artichoke63 View Post
PNW,

I'm not seeing them. I'm seeing a lot of places that say silly things like "CAT OKAY WITH DEPOSIT." That's insane. A cat deposit? Have people lost their minds. I'm getting discouraged. I've looked at apts all over the place and I've never run into this many that don't allow pets. In austin, Texas, finding a place that allows pets is no problem.

Artie
I know this is old but cats pee on things and the smell never goes away.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:35 PM

9,509 posts, read 12,543,101 times
^^^^^^What he said. As a landlord I will happily rent to someone with a dog but cats are out, because of the odor. People walk into a place five years later and say, "Oh, you have a cat."

Old 07-30-2015, 03:25 PM

4,079 posts, read 5,174,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanc View Post
Hi, I live here and have a dog (and cats) and it is really hard to find places that are pet friendly. They do exist, but are extremely difficult to find and are very expensive. I recently found a place that wanted a $500 pet deposit per pet. It's ridiculous. If you can find a place (that is decent enough to live in) it's definitly worth living here. Just hang on to it. This city is great, but not pet friendly.
Cats and dogs can easily do many thousands of dollars worth of damage to a place and I say this as an owner of a yellow lab and 3 cats. $500 is nothing compared to the damage those animals can do. My wife and I own our own house so we aren't renting but we do plan to move within the next year and I'll most likely be replacing all of the carpeting and polishing up and repainting every surface in the house to get it ready to sell. Stuff I probably won't be bothering to do without having pets in the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
View detailed profiles of: