Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2008, 12:24 PM

342 posts, read 1,427,741 times

Advertisements

Hi, I know this is a thread for Eugene, but it is the closest I can get to Creswell. I lived in Creswell back in 1963 - 1964. I am wondering if anyone has any old pictures of Creswell back during that time. Also any new ones of the city. I am oringinally from Southern California and they have a site where you can post pictures and it is really fun to look at them. It looks like you guys don't do the pictures, but I thought I would try.

I can leave my email address if anyone has anything. Even a discussion about Creswell would be fun.

Thanks.

scootiehammond@aol.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 12:05 PM

Hi, I just wanted to bump this back up in hopes that someone might see it.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:55 AM

28 posts, read 90,285 times
I spent my senior year of high school in Creswell (1982). I liked it, a lot. But I felt isolated. The only movie theater in town had been shut down for over 20 years. I didn't drive and there was no bus service at all. No jobs either. I probably would have stayed if they had a decent bus system and work.

I had a great time at the high school. Students and staff got along well - totally unlike Southern California high schools.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:37 PM

11,248 posts, read 11,020,697 times
My wife and I live in Creswell. We've been here three years now, and love the small town atmosphere. Creswell just celebrated its 100th anniversary a few weeks ago.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:15 PM

Ditchlights _ I just happened to be looking for new photo's of Creswell and saw this had been refreshed. Do you happen to have any photo's of the downtown area? It has been so long since I lived there and saw what it looks like. I am sure that it also has changed so much that I might not recognize it.

My aunt and uncle used to live on the old highway 99 (I believe) just south of town where it meets with Market road. Their house was the big 2 story house just north of Market Road. At one time it was called the Beacon Hill Ranch. I have seen from the overhead photo's that the old barns have been torn down - looks like the orchard is gone. I would love to be able to see what that house looks like now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area