Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 11:56 PM

30 posts, read 124,676 times

Advertisements

I’ve been looking online for any job listing in Eugene and it's really hard to pick through all the information on jobs I don't even come close to qualifying for. we have a website for south Dakota that made this whole process so much easier South Dakota Department of Labor where you create an account first and put in your experience level and then the search finds the jobs you might actually stand a chance in. is there anything like that set up for Oregon? it's already hard enough trying to move there without having a job set up for the ready, now I’m coming to find out that I might have to go old fashioned with my search and skim newspaper want adds and search the streets for help wanted signs? please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 09:53 PM

30 posts, read 78,739 times
There is nothing here we are at 11.9 % unemployment and climbing you do not want to be here are come here right now trust me on this find another state it will be a few years for oregon to climb out of this one now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmblarg View Post
I’ve been looking online for any job listing in Eugene and it's really hard to pick through all the information on jobs I don't even come close to qualifying for. we have a website for south Dakota that made this whole process so much easier South Dakota Department of Labor where you create an account first and put in your experience level and then the search finds the jobs you might actually stand a chance in. is there anything like that set up for Oregon? it's already hard enough trying to move there without having a job set up for the ready, now I’m coming to find out that I might have to go old fashioned with my search and skim newspaper want adds and search the streets for help wanted signs? please help!

Old 03-04-2009, 11:18 AM

480 posts, read 2,465,710 times
Worksource Oregon has a similar set up called iMatchSkills. However, jobs are tough to find right now and I don't know if they permit non-residents to sign up

Old 03-04-2009, 08:08 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,044,034 times
Job Opportunities (http://www.laneworkforce.org/LINKS/jobopps.html - broken link)

There are lots of links there that might help... Competition seems to be pretty fierce for the jobs which are available, and also the jobs available seem to be for very specific sorts of jobs which require certain certifications or degrees. If you are a CPA or nurse, you're in luck. Happy hunting!

Old 04-23-2009, 01:40 AM

857 posts, read 1,732,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knut88 View Post
There is nothing here we are at 11.9 % unemployment and climbing you do not want to be here are come here right now trust me on this find another state it will be a few years for oregon to climb out of this one now.
12.8% for March 2009 for Eugene. The March stats will be released on April 29 or 30 from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

What caused the Oregon recession and what are local governments doing to stimulate the economy?

Some of us native Pacific Northwesterners who ended up elsewhere in the US hate it, and are thinking of coming back to the PNW. Unfortunately, the high unemployment is very discouraging, unless one starts their own business in an area w/ no existing competition ... or, works for someone in another state as a consultant ... fortunately one of my own fields works that way ... but it's still not the best scenario ...

Colorado, Wyoming, and New Mexico have the lowest unemployment among Western States.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:48 PM

5 posts, read 10,924 times
thanks for the info, i guess im stuck here in California for a while longer!

Old 06-19-2009, 01:47 AM

857 posts, read 1,732,688 times
Default Oregon Unemployment

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl1969 View Post
thanks for the info, i guess im stuck here in California for a while longer!
later today we will see the unemployment rates for May 2009 -- hopefully the great city of Eugene and all Oregon will see a decrease !

Bureau of labor statistics to be released later today:

Local Area Unemployment Statistics Home Page

Old 06-19-2009, 02:01 AM

2,316 posts, read 7,818,862 times
I agree, a pretty terrible time to come here, but did you try looking on the Oregon Employment Department website?

Employment Department Job Listings

Some of them are self-referrals, but the others you have to actually go into an Employment Office and talk to one of the personnel there.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:28 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,044,034 times
Last night on the news it said that the Lane County unemployment rate is now at 14.2%.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:37 AM

5 posts, read 10,834 times
Default How about in Roseburg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lane View Post
later today we will see the unemployment rates for May 2009 -- hopefully the great city of Eugene and all Oregon will see a decrease !

Bureau of labor statistics to be released later today:

Local Area Unemployment Statistics Home Page
How about unemployment situation in Roseburg? Is Roseburg near Eugene or same area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area