U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 01:22 AM

2,179 posts, read 5,082,155 times

Advertisements

If I had it to do over again (moving to the Willamette Valley) I think I'd move to Junction City or Pleasant Hill. Acreage: you can have chickens, horses, whatever. Not too far from town (Eugene). Away from it all.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 01:56 PM

9,207 posts, read 8,978,318 times
We've enjoyed living in Creswell for the last 3 years. It's an easy 12 mile romp up the I-5 North to Eugene and Springfield or 8 miles south to Cottage Grove. It's got a small town feel (4800 pop.) and rural areas. The downsides are that there is very little in the way of entertainment and dining, and utilities (particularly water) are fairly steep. Houses are a little less money, so there is a tradeoff. But once again, you are a short trip from most anything one could need. Politically, it sounds like it may fit your needs as well.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:38 PM

336 posts, read 1,311,351 times
I am curious as to what stores and things they have available in Creswell now. It was so long ago when I lived there - we had Walkups market and I think it had a soda fountain and grill. There also was a small diner where I worked as a waitress while in my senior year. But I think my aunt did most her shopping in Creswell. We didn't go to Eugene too often - only once in awhile to shop for clothes because Creswell didn't have much in clothing then. It was totally different than living in Southern California, but I loved the small town atmosphere. I would love to find some photo's of the main street of town from way back then.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:23 PM

53 posts, read 133,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkate_m View Post
Thurston is awesome. There is a bit of a smell from the mill, though. If you have kids, I don't think you'd want them taking the bus in Springfield. It's just not something I'd recommend, at least not for kids. If you don't know what I mean, just try it once by yourself. It's stressful, beyond any measure I've otherwise experienced, for the bus type experience.
As a bus dependent senior citizen thinking of moving to Springfield, I am interested in this information. Could you elaborate a little on what you have said about the bus being stressful; is it because of threatening people, unpleasant drivers and rules (something i encountered bigtime when visiting Brookings), or what? Thanks.
natalie456

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 10-02-2011 at 11:02 AM..

Old 01-25-2010, 01:23 AM

857 posts, read 1,514,632 times
Default Eugene Renting Acreage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkate_m View Post
If I had it to do over again (moving to the Willamette Valley) I think I'd move to Junction City or Pleasant Hill. Acreage: you can have chickens, horses, whatever. Not too far from town (Eugene). Away from it all.

In these (and other towns mentioned in this thread) near Eugene, how easy is it to RENT a place on ACREAGE first, before actually purchasing property? Overall, I am also looking a place in the country NEAR a college town ANYWHERE between San Francisco and Vancouver BC - the further south (i.e. Eugene southwards), the better . . .
I want to be completely outside the Urban Growth Boundaries for each City to reduce what I perceive could be high Impact Fees, and lengthy permitting requirements. - thanks, -cccvdur your Libertarian Organic Fair Trade Environmentalist . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area