Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2009, 11:00 AM

15 posts, read 40,542 times

Advertisements

does anyone know of any ukulele jams happening in eugene similar to the large gathering weekly at the beach in santa cruz, ca?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 12:17 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,533,009 times
Thumbs up good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annimaver View Post
does anyone know of any ukulele jams happening in eugene similar to the large gathering weekly at the beach in santa cruz, ca?
early friday evenings at the Market Of Choice shopping center on Willamette, there's a place next door to the grocery store that has a live music venue outside that a lot of people show up for.

i'd guess if you showed up with your uke & asked the performers if you could play with them, they'd likely say yes.

word would get around & you'd have more ukes show up, probably.

you could ask Annie, at Annie's Grill if you could have a uke jam at her place. it's a really nice diner/bar on 29th (or is it 30th?) right before you get to the US Bank driveway, on the way to the MOC driveway.

LCC & U of O students hang out there, so there'd probably be a youngish crowd... although people of my own generation also frequent there (upper 40's & over).

do you know anyone who does uke repairs?

Kate

Last edited by sarahkate_m; 09-09-2009 at 12:18 PM.. Reason: Willamette

Old 09-10-2009, 03:13 PM

thanks very much for the information, kate. i'll check those places out. i do know people who repair ukes down here in the santa cruz area. if you want more info let me know. i will be up in eugene the first week in october if you wanted me to transport it at least one way for you. heading off to the "burning uke festival" in big sur weekend after next, over a hundred ukulele players attend, can't wait! anni

Old 09-11-2009, 09:31 AM

Thumbs up thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annimaver View Post
thanks very much for the information, kate. i'll check those places out. i do know people who repair ukes down here in the santa cruz area. if you want more info let me know. i will be up in eugene the first week in october if you wanted me to transport it at least one way for you. heading off to the "burning uke festival" in big sur weekend after next, over a hundred ukulele players attend, can't wait! anni
Have fun at the festival!

Actually, the uke was hand made by my uncle. A part came unglued. While trying to glue it back on, it slipped & the glue smeared. So the problem became 2 fold.

We're not sure how to really fix it now - the smear part. We don't want to tell my uncle cuz it's too embarrassing! it remains in total disrepair.

I guess we'll find someone who does special woodworking locally.

But thank you very much for your kind offer! Bring sweaters & a water proof hoodie when you come to Eug!

Kate

Old 10-09-2009, 05:27 PM

11 posts, read 39,395 times
Eugene Uketoberfest
October 16, 2009 - October 17, 2009Times: Friday - Saturday
culture.uoregon.edu
Location: Agate Hall 18th & Agate, University of Oregon campus; Eugene
Phone: 541.346.4373

Old 10-10-2009, 09:27 AM

i was just in eugene last week and heard about the uketoberfest-- sounds like great fun. found out there is also a jam the last friday of each month from 7 to 9 pm at washington park center at 20th and washington, and another on the 2nd friday of each month playing hawaiian music. pacific winds music store had lots of good contact info. i'm so happy to hear about all this! i love eugene, and really looking forward to moving back! anni

Old 10-10-2009, 03:14 PM

***I must check it out***

*aloha* haha hehe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area