U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 06:39 PM

231 posts, read 733,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
So we did Laughing Planet Burrito's (YUM!) and then walked across the street to Sweet Life for coffee. It was like the perfect fall lunch date. I can't wait to do it again. Got the Che Guevara burrito... mmmm mmmm mmmm....
Hi Elf:

I tried Laughing Planet recently based on your recommendation, but I was not very satisfied. It's not bad, but too bland for my taste buds. Full review on my website. But thanks for the idea anyways!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 12:25 AM

6,061 posts, read 13,851,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eugenified View Post
Hi Elf:

I tried Laughing Planet recently based on your recommendation, but I was not very satisfied. It's not bad, but too bland for my taste buds. Full review on my website. But thanks for the idea anyways!
Sorry! What did you get? I guess if you're thinking traditional burrito's and mexican food that is not the place. It's different.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
Sorry! What did you get? I guess if you're thinking traditional burrito's and mexican food that is not the place. It's different.
Tried the Southwest Chili burrito, the Mole Chicken, and one other one (forget the name now; maybe it was the Che G?). All had the right idea but not enough flavor at all. By chance, I went to a newer little place today called La Bufa Taqueria (downtown) which has REALLY good southwestern chili sauce in free bottles on the tables. EVERYTHING tasted good with that sauce.

Have you tried Qdoba yet? The one near UO campus is very clean and not overly rowdy for a restaurant near a college. You could bring your kids there no problem. Sorry, no plastic dinosaurs on the tables like at Laughing Planet.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:29 PM

6,061 posts, read 13,851,456 times
Haven't tried QDoba - will have to check it out soon!! Thanks for the suggestion!

Old 04-09-2010, 06:43 PM

Hop Valley Brewing Co.: Big miss!

Steelhead Brew Co.:Nothing amazing but a tried and true solid performer.

Taqueria Mi Tierra: Literal hole-in-the-wall Mexican place with authentic food.

Green Duck Burrito: Husband & wife team run this little burrito joint which makes "grilled burritos" very nicely.

Fina Taqueria: Nothing special at this corporate version of a Mexican burrito place.

Off the Waffle: Funky Eugene-style waffle place. Some will like. Some will not.

Papa's Soul Food Kitchen BBQ: For me, it's waaay too fatty. But other people seem to love it.

Wagon Yard BBQ (far east edge of Springfield): Awesome dry-style Texas BBQ.

Bagel Sphere: Finally tried this place today and was surprised to discover fresh bagel sandwiches, bagel pizzas, etc. in a reasonably clean little shop. Packed at lunch time. Will definitely add it to my list.

Poppi's Anatolia: semi-classy Eugene-style weirdness. A mix of Greek and Indian food, which sounds bad, but it's really good.

Ye Olde Pancake House: Nothing special but good basic breakfast food in a Denny's-style-but-locally-owned place.

La Perla: thin pizza which is very nice if you like that sort of thing. Also some nice sandwiches. Lunch is a good value whereas dinner is not.

I have only written full reviews for a couple of places listed above. Hopefully I will get around to full reviews of all of them someday...Please hold breath. ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area