Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2013, 05:10 PM

4 posts, read 6,504 times

Advertisements

Hello all!

We're planning a move to the Eugene area after the New Year and of course our furry family members are making the move with us We would prefer to live in a house but we will settle for an apartment if the price is right and it has a washer and dryer..

We have a lovely 3 year old rottie who is just a darling, she's only about knee high and weighs around 90 lbs. We also have a 4 year old cat who has never had any discipline problems, ie clawing furniture, going outside of the litter, etc..

Our price range is $700-$950 and we don't have any qualms about additional pet deposits.. We're also open to living in a smaller town outside of Eugene or between Eugene and Corvallis. So.. how pet friendly is Eugene? What are some of the local experiences with finding a pet friendly rental? We check Craigslist daily to get a feel of what is out there but is there any other recourse that is good or better for finding a rental? And is there any housing agency or area of town that we should avoid?

Any advice or comment is appreciated! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 01:30 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,059,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmsml View Post
Hello all!

We're planning a move to the Eugene area after the New Year and of course our furry family members are making the move with us We would prefer to live in a house but we will settle for an apartment if the price is right and it has a washer and dryer..

We have a lovely 3 year old rottie who is just a darling, she's only about knee high and weighs around 90 lbs. We also have a 4 year old cat who has never had any discipline problems, ie clawing furniture, going outside of the litter, etc..

Our price range is $700-$950 and we don't have any qualms about additional pet deposits.. We're also open to living in a smaller town outside of Eugene or between Eugene and Corvallis. So.. how pet friendly is Eugene? What are some of the local experiences with finding a pet friendly rental? We check Craigslist daily to get a feel of what is out there but is there any other recourse that is good or better for finding a rental? And is there any housing agency or area of town that we should avoid?

Any advice or comment is appreciated! Thank you!
I think Eugene is as pet friendly as anywhere else. Your problem isn't that you have a dog but that you have a rottweiler. However, if you are willing to look around the area, I am pretty sure you will find something to rent. I am not trying to pick on rottweilers but it happens that some people are nervous about renting to people with certain dog breeds. When I rented out my house there, I only allowed cats so that wasn't an issue for me.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:00 PM

4 posts, read 6,504 times
Default Thank you!

Thank you for your response! I know you are not picking on rotties Unfortunately that is a fact that we have had to face already, and our main concern with finding a rental. Do you happen to have any suggestions on the best resource for finding a rental in Oregon? Can Craigslist be trusted?

Thanks again and remember it's the deed not the breed!

Old 10-17-2013, 05:54 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,049,118 times
I know of a few places that allow pets - dogs included - but the rent is closer to $1000/month. You might check Craigslist or call a property management company such as Emerald Property Management or Bell Real Estate... there are lots of others. As another poster mentioned, having a dog is not such a big deal, but having a rottweiler might make it tricky.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,704 times
Forest Hills doesn't have breed restrictions! We live here with our pit bull. They do ask to meet your pet first, however. Rent depends on size of apartment (or townhouse). Lots of space for walking your dog too!

Old 12-06-2013, 03:56 PM

25 posts, read 74,556 times
Angry Eugene not dog friendly

Especially big dogs-you will definitely have to find a house,not an apartment.I am the owner of a pit-bull,living in Eugene-Springfield,actually-and am looking myself.I have heard the following: No dogs.No dogs over 20 lbs.No dogs over 25 lbs.We have a list of the top ten breeds that we can't accept.Cats only.Service dogs only.Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area