U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2009, 05:47 PM

4 posts, read 19,140 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I recently moved to Eugene from South Florida and I cant seem to be able to find a good barber.Cuban and Puerto Rican barbers shops are the places I used frequent.

I am looking for a barber shop in Eugene in where I can get a decent fade. Any shop that cuts black mens hair should be able to do this.

Can any one suggest one?

It appears there used to be one off 7th ave but its now closed. The building with graffiti on the side.

This is what i am looking for. It looks east but it takes a lot of practice to learn to do it properly

http://haircutsformen.org/buzz/haircuts/buzz131.jpg
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 09:56 PM

39 posts, read 202,548 times
Dude, youre in Eugene now, just grow your hair out into dreads and get tatted up. Smoke some green too. Word.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:11 PM

39 posts, read 202,548 times
Sorry for the smart a** remark. I haven't a clue. During my Eugene stay I never really knew anybody concerned with haircuts. Go figure. Good luck though.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:31 AM

I already got the Tat's, I'm from Miami, and the weed...again I'm from Miami......I'm letting my beard grow its about 4 inches now.. I have a bad scalp condition and I need to keep my hair short..

Old 11-07-2009, 02:55 PM

9,792 posts, read 10,582,433 times
Then you could do worse than to do what I (and others) do and shave your head once or twice a week. Way easier than trying to find a barber with experience with ethnic hairstyles.

H

Old 11-10-2009, 09:34 PM

6,061 posts, read 13,797,400 times
There's a barber shop on north coburg road that is supposedly "men only"... I'm a girl so I don't know much more about it than that! I think it's located next to the Ben & Jerry's?

There's also a lady that I take my boys to that always does a good job on their hair (they have difficult hair... wavy and thick)... she's by the Safeway off of Coburg road... near the Sheldon Public Library. She only takes cash and seems to be real "old school". She's really nice. If she can't do what you're wanting, perhaps she'd know of someone who can?

Then further north up even more on Coburg - I think it's on Game Farm road - there's a barber shop. I don't know anything about it, but it seems like a "man's man" kind of place from the outside.

In Springfield there's a beauty school where people go to learn how to cut hair... I wonder if they could point you in the right direction, or an instructor could help you?

Old 11-12-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
There's a barber shop on north coburg road that is supposedly "men only"... I'm a girl so I don't know much more about it than that! I think it's located next to the Ben & Jerry's?

There's also a lady that I take my boys to that always does a good job on their hair (they have difficult hair... wavy and thick)... she's by the Safeway off of Coburg road... near the Sheldon Public Library. She only takes cash and seems to be real "old school". She's really nice. If she can't do what you're wanting, perhaps she'd know of someone who can?

Then further north up even more on Coburg - I think it's on Game Farm road - there's a barber shop. I don't know anything about it, but it seems like a "man's man" kind of place from the outside.

In Springfield there's a beauty school where people go to learn how to cut hair... I wonder if they could point you in the right direction, or an instructor could help you?
Thanks for the information, I will check those places out.
The problem I have been running into is barbers that claim to know how to fade properly but clearly don't have the skill and expertise I am used to. I can understand this, I don't see a lot of people in town with this type of haircut.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:06 PM

It's too bad you aren't into dreads... the stylists here know all about that sort of style!

Old 11-15-2009, 02:19 PM

Yikes. My husband just took our boys to the sports clips place on coburg road next to the verizon store. Hmmmm.... major yuck. It's geared towards horny jock types we think. Fake-n-bake cheerleader-type bimbo's cutting the hair and sports on TV.... the haircuts were really bad but I'm guessing that's not why people go there. If you like hooters it might be your kind of place!

Old 11-15-2009, 03:14 PM

113 posts, read 227,181 times
Blessings - near 16th on Oak in a small strip of stores. :Ethnic: hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area