Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2010, 08:51 AM

543 posts, read 3,078,157 times

Advertisements

I like outdoors job for the fresh air and the sunlight.

So what kind of outdoors jobs are there in Eugene area that are relatively easy to get?

My thoughts so far is

car washing, lawn mowing, raking yards, etc..
tree planting?

I don't know how to go about applying for some of these jobs like tree planting, when I search online for application forms I get a lot of junk.

I would prefer that the job does not entail breathing in constantly bad air, as perhaps lawn mowing and car washing (gas fumes, cleaning chemicals)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 10:21 AM

5,463 posts, read 8,182,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansoku View Post
I like outdoors job for the fresh air and the sunlight.

So what kind of outdoors jobs are there in Eugene area that are relatively easy to get?
Panhandling.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:06 PM

231 posts, read 778,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
Panhandling.
For Karlsch: A good answer. I also appreciate the lack of smiley faces. That makes it even funnier!

For Kansoku:

Rexius probably has some outdoor jobs in their location near 11th street. It kinda stinks around there, but maybe that is natural organic stink and not chemical stink.

Gardening is another outdoor job, and you can do it freelance, but I would assume it is tough to get work since lots of other workers have the same idea as you.

Perhaps looking for a gardening job at UO or the Eugene school district might be an idea. Check out their websites for any openings. Or use a job ad consolidator site like Indeed to keep an eye out for opportunities: http://www.indeed.com/q-Grounds-Main...egon-jobs.html

Last edited by Mr Eugenified; 01-12-2010 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: added job link example

Old 01-19-2010, 07:03 PM

10 posts, read 24,547 times
Treeplanting for timber companies ; check with outfits such as Skookum or others that contract with Weyerhaueser or Giustina (sp) or other timber companies that take bids from the planting contractors. You should, however, be fairly young and tough...but there will be plenty fresh air. :-)

Old 01-26-2010, 06:14 PM

543 posts, read 3,078,157 times
^
By Skookum did u mean this? https://satsop.olympus.net/biz/skookum/index.html (broken link)

It seems like it's for ppl w/ disability?
>Skookum creates jobs for people with disabilities. Since 1988, we have helped people with all types of disabilities join the workforce by providing critical services to business and government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area