U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 08:46 PM

231 posts, read 732,451 times

Advertisements

My guess is someone has a bone to pick with Eugene due to problems registering her business while she lived here...Fellow readers, take it with a grain of salt. ;-)
Rate this post positively

Old 03-21-2010, 01:08 AM

857 posts, read 1,515,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eugenified View Post
My guess is someone has a bone to pick with Eugene due to problems registering her business while she lived here...Fellow readers, take it with a grain of salt. ;-)
What do you mean by registering a business? Mr. E - this simply isn't a forum for the City Planning Commision, City Manager, City Council, Mayor, and various Eugene or Oregon Realty Boards.

You, backdrifter, and Elf are unusually sensitive and defensive here, and it appears that you might have some affiliation with The City and one of its entities (?). Please give it a rest and let the non-governmental employees post our questions and observations.

What would you do if Lars Larson or Randal O'Toole started posting here?

Old 03-21-2010, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCVDUR View Post
What do you mean by registering a business? Mr. E - this simply isn't a forum for the City Planning Commision, City Manager, City Council, Mayor, and various Eugene or Oregon Realty Boards.

You, backdrifter, and Elf are unusually sensitive and defensive here, and it appears that you might have some affiliation with The City and one of its entities (?). Please give it a rest and let the non-governmental employees post our questions and observations.
I have no affiliation with the city or any of its entities. My work involves overseas investments. Nothing to do with Eugene at all.

To answer your question, I checked into some old posts to figure out why "someone" is so biased against Eugene. Nothing tricky about that. Just public info on this forum for anyone interested in checking the facts. At least she has some basis for her views since she lived here for some significant period of time. You, on the other hand, have never lived in Eugene, so I have to say your super strong negative opinions seem very odd.

Turning the situation around for illustrative purposes, I wonder if you are also super positive about some other cities that you have only briefly visited? And would you give people very strong outspoken advice to move to those cities without ever having spent any significant time there? My guess is no. More likely, you would be sure to add additional qualifier comments, e.g. "I really don't know much about the city, but from my two short visits, it seemed very nice. You should probably check with some longer term residents before making any final decision."

Now that would be a reasonable and balanced approach, rather than bold wild statements based on very limited experience that you fail to mention new readers.

Of course, you don't have to live somewhere to make a judgment, so I am sure you will keep slagging Eugene over and over again (as you have done for months on end). As an attention-getter, it's a very effective strategy. I just hope you will also mention in each of your posts that you are basing your very strong negative opinion on two short visits to limited areas of Eugene. Better yet, why not pick some other city that you have visited briefly and start attacking them instead. Yeah, that's a good idea.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:07 AM

Default To Mr. Eugenified

[quote=Mr Eugenified;13380882]I have no affiliation with the city or any of its entities. My work involves overseas investments. Nothing to do with Eugene at all.

To answer your question, I checked into some old posts to figure out why "someone" is so biased against Eugene.

Mr E - I'm not going to continue this except to say that if you check my archives, I have had positive and or neutral things to say about a number of places: ashland, corvallis, durango, mammoth lakes, south lake tahoe, oro valley, etc. And, yes I would give advice based on visiting w/o qualifications because this is an opinion forum, talking to people w/o preparing just as you would talking to someone on the bus. I do have four web sites of my own, and each of those are researched. It's up to readers of posts here to agree or disagree, and then post contrary views if they wish. Since my views are consistent with lmrsd, who has lived here, then that gives my views some credibility, and thus far, nobody has challenged my credibility - only my approach has been challenged (by you). Why don't you take this up with me in private messaging, OK? Then you can discuss what business interests you have. This forum really isn't the place to discuss your international business interests.

Last edited by CCCVDUR; 03-21-2010 at 02:48 AM..

Old 03-21-2010, 03:04 AM

CCCVDUR: So what's your point about my "business interests"? I have already answered your question and told you I have nothing to do with Eugene. If you lie again in this forum and falsely claim that I work for the city of Eugene, then I will report you to the moderator. I hope others will join me in this effort. (I did receive email notification of the original version of your latest post before you heavily edited it. If you had left the post as originally written, you would have already been reported).

By the way, I am done with this thread. It's become a big waste of time.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:21 AM

Quote:
CCCVDUR: So what's your point about my "business interests"? I have already answered your question and told you I have nothing to do with Eugene. If you lie again in this forum and falsely claim that I work for the city of Eugene, then I will report you to the moderator. I hope others will join me in this effort. (I did receive email notification of the original version of your latest post before you heavily edited it. If you had left the post as originally written, you would have already been reported).

By the way, I am done with this thread. It's become a big waste of time.
I did not invoke your name in particular as having a relationship with the City; I mentioned a couple of individuals who I suspect could be. Discussion of moderator activities is prohibited, as stated in the TOS, that's all I can say.

Any user of City-Data under the parameters of this web site to edit posts even after the recipient receives email notification.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:24 AM

Quote:
You have not invoked the name of any specific individual, however, issues between the City of Eugene and individual posters are best left to the two parties, and not discussed on City-Data, as would be the case with any business transaction, civic or otherwise.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:29 AM

Quote:
CCCVDUR: So what's your point about my "business interests"? I have already answered your question and told you I have nothing to do with Eugene. If you lie again in this forum and falsely claim that I work for the city of Eugene, then I will report you to the moderator. I hope others will join me in this effort.
None of my posts invokes your name specifically as working for the City of Eugene or any other agencies concerned with business or commerce in Eugene or Lane County. However, I raised the question of affiliation for several posters, based on the unusually defensive nature of selected posters. Reports to the moderator about my posts are unjustified since there has been no specific TOS violation. On the other hand, your discussing business licensing of a poster with, or without, invoking their name is inappropriate, in my own view. However, discussion of potential, perceived, or pending moderator actions that may occur because of this is prohibited.

Last edited by CCCVDUR; 03-21-2010 at 03:38 AM..

Old 03-21-2010, 10:17 AM

13 posts, read 30,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCVDUR View Post
Elf,

I am not ANTI-anything, or ANTI-anyone. Period. Eugene is not of interest to me. There are many other places that I'd rather live in the US, and searching my archives reveals positive and negative places about a variety of places.

To accuse me of "talking trash" etc.about Eugene is certainly very unkind, and also untrue. If that's how you folks treat each other in Eugene, that's unfortunately another reason I can add to my already very long list.

And why you even care whether or not your City is criticized I have no idea. Who cares? Just let people say whatever they want to say, as long as there are no personal attacks.

Sorry CCCVDUR, but I've only been visiting this board a short while, and you are tiresomely anti-Eugene, and it's grating on me.

You DO talk trash, and it's boring. If you don't like the city, and the place is of no interest to you, stop coming here and posting about it. Find something constructive to do like running a pro-Corvallis board.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:49 PM

4,284 posts, read 14,881,111 times
Enough of the off topic squabbling.

Thread closed pending review/editing by the forum mod
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area