U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2010, 01:28 PM

1 posts, read 3,897 times

Advertisements

Please, I need some information about Camas Ridge Community School?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 11:03 AM

6,061 posts, read 13,796,272 times
I'd never heard of it and I thought I had researched pretty much all the schools in Eugene and the surrounding areas. Wow? A quick google and I came upon a website with info - you will probably want to contact the school directly for information and to arrange a school visit. Welcome! (Camas Ridge Community School in Eugene, Oregon > Parent Group Web site)

http://www.4j.lane.edu/schools/camasridge

The middle school it feeds into is Roosevelt, and the high school it feeds into is South Eugene. Both of those schools are really great. They are more liberal, and I want to say "progressive", than the other middle and high schools in the area.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:40 PM

57 posts, read 155,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
I'd never heard of it and I thought I had researched pretty much all the schools in Eugene and the surrounding areas. Wow?
Camas Ridge Elementary was formed in the summer of 2009 as a result of merger of Eastside Alternative and Harris elementary schools. It is considered one of the best (or at least most desirable) elementary schools in the 4J district.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:10 AM

7 posts, read 28,059 times
Default Camas Ridge is good, but...

Camas Ridge is a good school. Our daughter went here from K-5, and it has always had a truly great teaching staff. The school is on Harris Street and 28th ave in South Eugene. Hence, it has always been known as Harris Elementary up till last year. The school is a mix of kids from upper middle class professionals from the merge last year with Eastside Alternative, low income student parents from the UO and LCC, and middle class kids from the surrounding neighborhood. The merge two years ago brought the academic intuitiveness of Eastside alternative into the folds of a soulful neighborhood school, that is a key part of its new found popularity. It also doesn't hurt that one of the teachers recently received a prestigious award for teaching.

However, the fact is there are a lot of really good elementary schools in Eugene, all with equally amazing, dedicated staff. You would be wise to check out schools based on your child's particular needs and desires for learning. Visit several schools and watch your child's interaction with teachers and other kids, if you have that option. For example, Parker, Edison, and Crest Elementary, (although the talk in the district is these schools may merge soon), and Buena Vista in the north and Family School in the south west are all excellent schools. The list is as endless as your child's potential. If you have the time, check out as many as you can before you decide.

Last edited by poetatheart; 05-23-2010 at 01:25 AM..

Old 05-24-2010, 03:12 PM

6,061 posts, read 13,796,272 times
Poetatheart offers great advice!

When we moved to Eugene years ago, we settled in what we thought to be one of the best neighborhood elementary school areas. We do like our school, but we don't like the neighborhood and are looking forward to this time next year when our youngest will finally be done with the elementary school and we can relocate to an area we know will suit us better and feel more like "home". We're just glad we're still renting, so this time next year we'll be ready to buy in a 'hood that fits us better.

It really does take a bit to settle in and get a feel for a city and all it's different personalities. Renting has been a great thing for us. If we had bought a home right away we'd really feel trapped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area