U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2010, 11:19 PM

13 posts, read 38,198 times

Advertisements

I am a newly devocee and would like a new start, i have a son who will be going into college,and was wondering what Eugene has to offer,weather, jobs,etc,,,,, i am from boise,id , thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 03:17 PM

2 posts, read 15,517 times
Nice weather, but no jobs. Boise isn't too far, you should come visit for a long weekend and check it out!

Old 05-13-2010, 06:21 PM

Default yup

Yup, i think i will do that, any other info???

Old 05-14-2010, 02:53 AM

6,061 posts, read 13,797,400 times
If you're not looking to date, now that you are newly single, I'm sure you will like Eugene. It's a wonderful town in a great location - especially if you like the outdoors and nature. However, if you're a newly single lady looking for potential new fella or fella's to date - I've heard Eugene is a bad place for that. Many a single lady has whined and griped to me about how lucky I was to have been happily married BEFORE I came to Eugene. Evidently it's a hard place to meet good men worth your time with any sense of manners or knowledge of how to treat women. I don't mean to be negative, but it's something to consider.

If you want to meet men - the Seattle/Redmond/Bellevue/Issaquah, WA area would be great for you! LOTS of single eligible men up there. When we lived there I was constantly being asked out by men who owned nice homes and made six digit salaries, who wanted to settle down and start families. It got to where I would make a point of holding my hand so that my wedding ring was always showing. I felt tacky, but I got tired of always being asked out. Microsoft, Boeing, etc. bring them there from other places and they seem a bit desperate for good women up there. I've heard the same about Alaska, too.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:06 PM

WOW Thanks For The Input !!!!!!!

Old 05-15-2010, 09:49 PM

My son will be going to community college, and i wil lbe taking some time off for myself, i was maybe thinking of medford,coos bay,roseburg also,,hmmmi dntknow?":?

Old 05-22-2010, 09:13 PM

6,061 posts, read 13,797,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNSHINE39 View Post
My son will be going to community college, and i wil lbe taking some time off for myself, i was maybe thinking of medford,coos bay,roseburg also,,hmmmi dntknow?":?
Those areas lean more Republican/conservative. If that's your boat you'll like it there. If you lean more independant/liberal you might want to look to Ashland, Eugene, Corvallis, Portland...

There are community college campus scattered along the coast. Personally it would be my dream to plunk myself down on the coast somewhere if finding jobs weren't an issue and access to a community college was my only real need. But that's just me. I love the coast.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:00 PM

12 posts, read 28,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
If you're not looking to date, now that you are newly single, I'm sure you will like Eugene. It's a wonderful town in a great location - especially if you like the outdoors and nature. However, if you're a newly single lady looking for potential new fella or fella's to date - I've heard Eugene is a bad place for that. Many a single lady has whined and griped to me about how lucky I was to have been happily married BEFORE I came to Eugene. Evidently it's a hard place to meet good men worth your time with any sense of manners or knowledge of how to treat women. I don't mean to be negative, but it's something to consider.

If you want to meet men - the Seattle/Redmond/Bellevue/Issaquah, WA area would be great for you! LOTS of single eligible men up there. When we lived there I was constantly being asked out by men who owned nice homes and made six digit salaries, who wanted to settle down and start families. It got to where I would make a point of holding my hand so that my wedding ring was always showing. I felt tacky, but I got tired of always being asked out. Microsoft, Boeing, etc. bring them there from other places and they seem a bit desperate for good women up there. I've heard the same about Alaska, too.
The lack of adult socialization and dating opportunities are not gender specific in Eugene. Unless your a young adult, or live where mature single women can be properly approached, there are few opportunities for meaningful interaction. If your not reasonably local to Eugene or willing to make "cold calls" on strangers, as experienced by Mrs. HH, you better like Eugene for its many other assets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area