Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2022, 04:36 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,016,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomektomek View Post
Damp cold is worse than drier cold. Especially for the bones. The Gib is the best and sunniest British town. Supposedly the friendliest and least racist/xenophobic locals as everyone has immigrant background. It's more akin New World immigrant societies.
Don't be ridiculous! Contrary to the ridiculous stereotype the UK doesn't even get much fog! In Zagreb the cold meant that despite wearing LOTS of layers you couldn't even stay outside for long, the temperature was between -8 deg C and -22 deg C when I was there and it was frigid! When I got back here the temperature was 8 deg C which meant I could sit outside the coffee shop in a sweater and jacket and enjoy the 'outside' even in January, I've never heard of anybody dying just from living in the British Isles! I ask you what is it about the British weather that makes you think its damaging?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2022, 08:31 AM

402 posts, read 273,578 times
I lived in Bratislava and Prague and as a Balkan person I prefer them over NW Europe any day in winter and summer. And the other two seasons, too.

Old 05-14-2022, 01:42 PM

Quote:
I lived in Bratislava and Prague and as a Balkan person I prefer them over NW Europe any day in winter and summer. And the other two seasons, too.
Well that's up to you, I suggest however that the British climate is much 'kinder' than the freezing temperatures of a Winter in Prague, as somebody who hates cold weather, if I can't live on the Med then give me Oceanic any day of the week and twice on Sunday's

Old 05-14-2022, 03:17 PM

Oceanic is only nice in Spain and Portugal.

Old 05-14-2022, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Oceanic is only nice in Spain and Portugal.
Well if its 'oceanic' then it is the same bloody climate Is it because Bilbao is a few degrees warmer or is it perhaps because you just don't like the British by chance? If you'd rather dig your car out of snow of a winter morning over simply putting a jacket on before starting your car then that's up to you, personally I'd rather not scrape at my windscreen and dig the car out of snow before heading off to work.

Old 05-14-2022, 06:21 PM

This isn't the Brirish subforum, stop talking about the UK.

I am wondering what sta tes match each of these like climate:
Austria
Czechia
Slovakia
Hungary
Algarve
Gibraltar
Athens, Greece
All different or slightly different climates.

Old 05-14-2022, 06:31 PM

Quote:
This isn't the Brirish subforum, stop talking about the UK.

I am wondering what sta tes match each of these like climate:
Austria
Czechia
Slovakia
Hungary
Algarve
Gibraltar
Athens, Greece
All different or slightly different climates.
The UK is in Europe Besides YOU started this conversation.

Old 05-18-2022, 12:20 AM

I am wondering what US states match each of these like climate:
Austria
Czechia
Slovakia
Hungary
Algarve
Gibraltar
Athens, Greece

Provided all are different or slightly different climates, but maybe some of you have lived in one of them and it reminded you of an American state.
Dear Americans, please tell me!
I think Athens is not too dissimilar to San Diego climate and nature (but with San Fran-like hilly parts and feel).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe