Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2014, 02:36 PM

26,763 posts, read 37,665,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
No, it is not too late. I don't see why you couldn't be fluent in French in the futur,
You are only 25, it is not old.
Very true. I started learning Spanish when I was some years older than 25 and I learned to the point where I can converse easily, although I make a lot of mistakes. I am now quite a bit older than 25 and would like to learn some other languages at some point in the future (when my kids get older and I have more free time).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 04:10 PM

8,165 posts, read 8,690,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Sorry,any republican in US politics,who chooses a communist-like economic program,will loose any credibility,you need to learn more about the US politics.
Why do you judge French politics through an American lens? Of course Le Pen's program would be laughed at in the US. Thing is, she's doing politics in France, and is (unfortunately) quite successful at that. Her party is on the bottom left corner of this chart, quite different from the American far right. That's why some of the people who vote for her come from the far left.

I can say the same for libertarian politicians here in France: only in Disney movies.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:43 AM

692 posts, read 951,663 times
It's a mixed bag.

There is a great deal about French society that I like. I appreciate a society that sees fit to invest in its own citizens via education, healthcare and housing. I thing France is a beautiful country with a rich history and culture, much of which is reflected in my own culture (I'm Antillais).

However, at the same time there is much about French society and France that I dislike. The French policy of centralisme is from my perspective highly misguided and has crushed much of the unique regional culture within France. Enforced secularism is another aspect of French culture I dislike despite being something of an agnostic myself, and the treatment of immigrants and their 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation descendants is highly disconcerting.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:25 PM

39 posts, read 38,819 times
Hello to you all!
come to us in Aquitaine
country of Eleanor of Aquitaine
mother of Richard the Lionheart of England King
you are polite and not arrogant
good food very beautiful landscapes varied
our language is french and Occitan
very good home
salutation you
I hope you understand my English sentence

Old 01-25-2014, 01:15 PM

7,057 posts, read 12,565,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arevaitahiti View Post
Hello to you all!
come to us in Aquitaine
country of Eleanor of Aquitaine
mother of Richard the Lionheart of England King
you are polite and not arrogant
good food very beautiful landscapes varied
our language is french and Occitan
very good home
salutation you
I hope you understand my English sentence
Thank you for your lovely welcome!

I'm very much enjoying reading about the Dordogne region, exploring the fairy-tale villages on-line, and falling in love with the landscapes, architecture, art, cuisine (home-grown, freshly-picked foods have so much flavor and character). And the wines of that area--will the Malbec from Cahors prove delicious??

The history is mind-boggling and hard to grasp how far back it goes--and how wonderfully preserved so much of it is!

Kings and Troglodytes! Oh my.

Our first visit will be this coming Autumn...but already, I feel such affection for the region.

Paddling a canoe on one of the rivers, cycling along a path by a river, and sharing food and wine with old friends--and hopefully new friends--will be something to look forward to.

Being a writer, I suspect what I see, smell, taste and absorb will inspire my words and future work.

Now if I can only find affordable airfare!

Old 01-25-2014, 01:31 PM

14,848 posts, read 21,383,218 times
Are these flats on top of the shops?
I am trying to find online real estate listing of flats in these old parts of cities where there are pedestrian only streets.
Not like i'm gonna move or anything, just curious what they look like inside.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:35 PM

24,205 posts, read 24,654,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Yes. You'll find that quite common in Europe.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:37 PM

26,750 posts, read 22,256,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I am trying to find online real estate listing of flats in these old parts of cities where there are pedestrian only streets.
Not like i'm gonna move or anything, just curious what they look like inside.
Leave it up to American to get straight to the "real estate" value and "pedestrian only" observations, cutting out the rest of unimportant stuff in the process.
(j.k)

Old 01-25-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Yes. You'll find that quite common in Europe.
Cool we have them here in America but probably not as common, my uncles apartment is above a bar.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Leave it up to American to get straight to the "real estate" value and "pedestrian only" observations, cutting out the rest of unimportant stuff in the process.
(j.k)
Where do you park your car if you live in a place like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe